Lg k8 v screen mirroring
ShawnFox613

I have a Philips smart tv with screencast capability which casts fine with other phones and any app with its own casting icon. I don't have a cast icon in my settings on my k8 v and cannot figure out how to connect without an app with the icon for itself .Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lg k8 v screen mirroring
gregl_vzw
Verizon Employee

Being able to display your media on your smart TV is very convenient, ShawnFox613. I can certainly go over some details with you. I looked through the technical specifications for your LG K8V and I am afraid this device does not have the miraCast feature like other LG devices. For full device specs, I have attached a link below:

https://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-VS500-k8-v

I hope this provides clarity.

GregL_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ShawnFox613

GregL_VZW , are there any apps that would give .y phone screen mirror capabilities? All of the ones I have tried say device not supported after installing and attempting to launch .Thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which applications have you tried?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jonathanc_vzw
Verizon Employee

ShawnFox613, regrettably, we do not have any information on which apps may work with this device to miraCAST. However, LG may have some additional information on the following web page https://www.lg.com/us/support/chat-and-email-information. We hope this information is beneficial. 

DavidC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes