Lollipop update
lguser37
Enthusiast - Level 1

I downloaded the lollipop update for my lg g3 and it was a terrible decision. My phone now heats up significantly in a matter of minutes of using. The battery lasts MAYBE 6 hours on moderate usage compared to being able to get though a 16 hour day no problem with the same usage. The phone charges significantly slower and also operates significantly slower. I often have trouble with wifi as well. It seems to me that these are all widespread problems that arrive with this software "upgrade". Get it together verizon. My flagship device shouldn't operate worse than the phone I had 4 years ago.

Labels (2)
Re: Lollipop update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
lguser37, I would be just as frustrated with this experience. Sorry to hear of the issues. How long ago did the OS update install? Some of these issues may be resolved once the phone fully stabilizes after the install of 5.0.

I also recommend testing out Safe Mode to see if the some of the issues go away. This can help determine if they are caused by a rogue app that is not responding well to Lollipop at this time.

Keep us posted

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
DanC_
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an LG G3 as well and have all these same problems and more. The phone is choppy nothing runs smoothly. I am irritated an Fed up with it. I have been a Verizon customer for 15 years and I am sick of this garbage. I would think Verizon would want to take better care of their customers. Its not like this is an old phone it is only 6-8 months old what a joke.

krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

Make sure you have done a factory reset after updating to 5.0.1. That will fix a lot of issues you may be having. It's annoying to have to do a factory reset but you can use LG's backup tool in the settings to backup and restore everything important.

lguser37
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon: I downloaded the update on April 20 and there has been no change.

Safe mode did nothing. It takes the phone 3 hours to fully charge and then

lasts for 6. This is ridiculous.

krusej23: I did not plan on doing a factory reset as from what I've heard

and researched it makes no difference in the end besides being a hassle.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 1:40 PM, krusej23 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You can do or not do a reset. Do you remember all the posts pressuring VZW for a release of Lollipop? They finally release it before it meets standards and people are up in arms.

DanC_
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just because someone pressures you, doesn't mean you should do it and I am pretty sure you won't find anything from me.

0 Likes
ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

Unfortunately some phones go ahead and update anyway.

Besides that, people should have a choice to take an update. Kitkat was working perfectly for many people. Give people the choice to accept an update before it's fully tested. Then those that were screaming give me lollipop could openly have it.

Those, who were perfectly fine could have chosen not to update.

Problem solved for everyone.