Re: Marshmallow Update for HTC One M8 and HTC apps wanting updates
Stbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, nothing happens.

0 Likes
Stbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just figured it out.  At the red symbol, press Power and Volume up button once.

0 Likes
27Words

Mine did the same thing.. left it alone.. now 18hrs after update and all HTC apps from the Play store are downloaded and installed... didn't have to do a thing.   

0 Likes
chapeleastman
Enthusiast - Level 2

All apps successfully updated now simply by trying again.  Thanks Verizon!

0 Likes
RayScott3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to read thta you are having issues withyour HTC One M8 after the Marshmallow update rldawg. Let's work together to see if we can customize a solution to get the apps working. Since software updates do not remove third party apps, the apps in question will still be on the device after the software update installation. May I ask what app are not working properly?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jshannon45, software updates can take some getting used to. Lets get those applications updated. Try going into Settings> Application Manager> App Store> Force Stop. Once you stop the application restart the phone, and see if the apps register as updated.

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

we want to get your phone back to working correctly. So sorry you have been dealing with this. Have you tried restarting the Play Store application. How long has it been since the update finished?

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
27Words

Give it time.. mine started working the next day.

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 7:55 AM, verizonmoderator2 <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rldawg, we are happy to hear that the crisis was averted. Having a working phone is something that we want for each and every customer. As you mentioned the battery, are you still experiencing issues with that fast drain, or was that unusual with this update?
LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes