Re: Message+ not scanning QR code on secondary devise
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming martatowne. Have you checked the Play Store to see if there are any available updates for Messages +? Is the software on your device up to date?

0 Likes
Sausage1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have the same issue, so before Verizon support gives some cheese answer, yes I have the most up-to-date download, yes my Chromebook is up-to-date, yes I gave Messages permission to use the camera.  The screen is black with a redline running up and down.  I tired adding a secondary camera and it doesnt turn on either.  The VERISON Messages + app does not turn on the camera so the QR code can be read, even with camera access permission granted.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sausage1, we want to ensure you can utilze your Chromebook as a secondary device to receive your messages as desired. In order to do so, you do need to be subscribed to Integrated Messaging. Do you know if you have this feature as a part of your service? The QR code will not generate without it. 

EbonyR-VZW

0 Likes
Sausage1
Enthusiast - Level 2

READ THE POSTS. THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE I have a qr code. The camera on the chrome book won't activate 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear that the steps provided did not resolve your issue. Sadly at this point, you will need to reach out to the developers as all troubleshooting has been exhausted here.

You can contact them here

EdwardL_VZW
0 Likes
martatowne
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, ive got the most recent version

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details. Have you tried to uninstall, then reinstall the app? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
SHORTYBISCUIT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m having an issue as well. I have a Palm Centro that does not have internet access. I get the text message with the link to the QR code and I forward the text to my email. I then click the link and open the QR code. I scan the QR with my secondary device (an iPhone) and get the error “Please scan a valid QR code”. I then immediately get a text on my Centro saying “Your device now has access to your text messages”. But, the iPhone messages + app is still waiting for a valid QR. What should I do?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHORTYBISCUIT, We appreciate the details of your concern. We'll do all we can to help. Have you tried to uninstall, then reinstall the Message + application? Have you subscribed to Integrated Messaging?

0 Likes
SHORTYBISCUIT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling on my iPhone and iPad. This is my first time trying to use the message+ apps, so it was new installs to begin with. How do I know if I’m subscribed? The QR is generated, it doesn’t work. 

0 Likes