Re: Microsoft Surface Duo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kabir11, losing you as a customer is the last thing that we would wish to see. We know that this new device is very exciting and that you wish to use it once it is in your hands. Though we do not currently have any information on compatibility, the device may be checked at https://www.verizon.com/onedp/byod#/. LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!  

0 Likes
Kabir11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response. The link you sent does not function, atleast on a Chrome Browser. I did read that Duo compatibility with Verizon will be out in September. So will wait to see if it works on launch date i.e. Sept. 10. 

However your response did not resolve the issue.

0 Likes
manacap

Actually the link does not support the Microsoft Duo as a BYOD. I would like some confirmation as well regarding the Duo and Verizon.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Microsoft added the Duo to the list of Surface devices in the online store.

Verizon Wireless does appear in the list of compatible providers for the unlocked version, but, still no official word from Verizon Wireless though.

Reviews of the Duo seem to be mixed. Nice hardware, but, the OS is buggy.

0 Likes
jcmonson

I was doing some digging to see if it was compatible and came across this review.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/review-surface-duo-is-exciting-and-promising-but-its-not-q...

The important part pertaining to this questions is here.

"Voice over LTE (VoLTE) is also natively supported, as are nano and eSIM profiles (though not simultaneously, so it is not genuinely dual SIM). The unlocked model supports T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T, plus world bands for GSM and LTE. All those U.S. carriers were tested for this review, and all worked without a hitch. Sprint users need to pick up a T-Mobile SIM due to the merger."

This indicates that it has been tested and works with Verizon.  I would still like an official response but it looks promising.

0 Likes
Russom1980
Enthusiast - Level 1

it does say unlocked for Verizon wireless. but heres my issue. I just got the duo yesterday and its going back.  I like the phone but  it doesn't have Verizon WI-Fi calling and the Verizon messenger plus app doesn't  let me receive text messages. ive been on the phone 3 hours straight to get it work. then once they got it working. i found out that there's no Verizon Wi-Fi calling feature on it. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to use the device you desire on our network. Help is here. To check compatibility, please be sure to click the link provided and you always have the option to contact our Telesales Department by dialing 800-256-4646. Hours of Operation: 
Mon-Fri 8:00 AM - 2:00 AM ET Sat 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM ET Sun 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM ET. 

https://www.verizon.com/onedp/byod#/

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help if you have any issues.

0 Likes
tuzer72

I received my Microsoft Surface Duo on 9-10-2020. I was able to onboard the device on Verizon's network, however tech support had to enable some text messaging features on the back end. So far everything works except Wi-Fi Calling. I rely on Wi-Fi calling quite a bit since my Verizon coverage is a little weak here in the country. 

I opened up a case with Microsoft and basically Verizon is currently not allowing Wi-Fi calling on the Surface Duo. I'm going to reach out to Verizon to see if this feature will be enabled in the future for the Duo.

0 Likes
Gdog123

Why does the duo not support WiFi calling on Verizon? I called Verizon support and they said not available. That’s a deal killer. My move to att now 

0 Likes