Moto x 2013 lollipop
Ndizzle923

Now that lollipop has been approved. Any one know when Verizon will push the update through. Really looking forward to it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ndizzle923, we want you to have the best experience possible on your device. Software updates are pushed over the air from the manufacturer, directly to your device. I apologize. We're unable to provide a confirmation date of when it will arrive. Stay tuned for upcoming software updates here:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/LTE/Overview.html

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gekko59
Enthusiast - Level 3

Motorola has released 5.1 Lollipop for Moto X 2013 to carriers for their soak testing. It's in VzW's hands to finish their own soaks before approving the OTA push to VzW Moto X 2013 devices. Someone within Verizon Wireless has a nominal schedule for when the soak will finish. You COULD publish that information if you chose ("you" being your upper management.)

Sorry, but your news link is not useful. I would like to see a link to a page that Verizon provides its customers that contains planned release dates for device upgrades. Something useful. You know.

Please forward this up your management chain. No forum response is necessary unless it contains an answer like "We expect to release Android 5.1 Lollipop for our Moto X 2013 users on or around <mmm/dd/yyyy>".  Thanks.

mikenad82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm right there with you on this one. I have the Droid Maxx XT1080M, and am tired of waiting for updates from Verizon, tired of high prices, and especially tired of poor customer service to existing customers. I'm to the point, where I'm ready to take my multi-line account to one of Verizon's competitors.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless isn't going to release information on an update until it is just about ready to go live. Your best bet is to follow Motorola specifically one of their employees who is regularly updating on the status of the Lollipop 5.1 updates. Their last update on the Verizon model was https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster/posts/LbTwronL8Gc.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.