Moving contacts to Gmail
Langlois09

I am switching to the Samsung Galaxy 3S tomorrow and I want to move my contacts to my Gmail account. they are all in Backup Assistant now. How do I do that? Thanks Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moving contacts to Gmail
Not applicable

When you go through the setup for your new phone, it should give you the prompts to sync it all up.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Horses 547 wrote:

When you go through the setup for your new phone, it should give you the prompts to sync it all up.

I think they are more referring to exporting the contacts from BA and importing them into their Gmail account.

To the OP, have you tried a search for a similar question on this community? I know it was asked before. I'm fairly certain I written the steps a few times but the specific details elude me at the moment.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Go into Backup assistant and export all of your contacts to a CSV file. Go to gmail and import your contacts fromt eh csv file to gmail. The only issue you will have in doing this Possibly) is if th format between BA and Gmail is different you might lose some fields. The only other way I know of is to send them directly to gmail from your phone. If you have an android it is simple. go to settings in the contact list and select backup to gmail.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

there's no formatting issue exporting csv file from ba & importing into gmail.

i suggest you do this on a pc if possible.

0 Likes