My LG Enact gets stuck in Standby/locked mode.
lilsagestar

Intermittently, when I try to unlock/resume from standby mode (when the phone is locked and the screen is black), it will give me a blank screen and not turn on. I can still hear notification noises and see notification lights, but it will not respond. Holding down the power button until it turns off and on is the only way to get it started again.

The battery seems to be fine and isn't discharging rapidly. My screen is also free from damage. This started yesterday, and has already happened 3 times, with no drop/crash/damage to initiate it. 

What is wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My LG Enact gets stuck in Standby/locked mode.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, lilsagestar. Sorry to see  you’re having trouble with your Enact. Sounds like this may have to do with the option you’re selecting to bring the display out from standby mode. Can see that it doesn’t respond. What steps do you take to unlock it? Do you press a button? If so, which one? Is there a screen protector and/or protective case on the device?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lilsagestar

Hi there!

I typically use the power button (on the right side) to take it out of standby mode, but opening the sliding keyboard and swiping in the screen do not help either. It seems that my phone is turning off while it is in standby, and it appears to be getting worse. There is a screen protector and case, but I took them both off when this began happening to see if they were causing overheating issues, and it does not appear to be making a difference.

I've also opened up the phone and gotten any dust or debris out of the battery or sim compartment. The battery seems to be charging correctly, and there does not appear to be an inciting factor for whether or not it will shut off.

Does this help with diagnosis?

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information,lilsagestar. When you go into Settings - Screen Lock - what do you have the screen lock set to? Please let us know so we can help you out.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lilsagestar

If I go to Settings > Lock Screen, my lock is set to swipe, dewdrop, and the security lock timer is immediately after screen timeout. Nothing else is selected.

Does that help?

Thanks!

0 Likes