My LG G2 will not send picture messages.
Tbarrick
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Started having this problem a few days ago.  Mobile data is turned on, am showing 4 G with 3 and 4 barrs.  Have tried with wifi on/off, have done soft resets multiple times.  Pictures used to go through just fine.  Please help.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My LG G2 will not send picture messages.
michael1148
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI.  There seems to be a limit to the size of a picture you can send.  I cropped a picture until it was below 1 meg and that one sent.  Anything over 1 meg will not send.  You get the attachment size limit exceeded message,  This seems to have started on the last operating system update to my LG G2 phone.  Currently running LG_VS980_12B_TO_24A updated completed on April 18, 2014.  Please help!  michael1148@yahoo.com

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Tbarrick,

We want you to love and enjoy all of your wireless services, especially picture messages. After all, it's a great way to share moments and memories. May I ask are you sending pictures that you took on the device? Also, how much available device memory do you have? I suggest check the size of the picture before sending and checking the device memory to ensure that there's enough space to send it. Once you have done so, please retest and post results.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Joejamesjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same trouble. And have done all of the above as well as factory reset. Still will not send or receive MMS

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joejamesjr We apologize that your mms are not working properly. Is your data roaming enabled? Are there other apps on your phone that working?

Sheritah_vzw

Follow us on Twitter

@VZWSupport

0 Likes
tiffanymh20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem!! I have enough space, the pictures were taken with the device. My data roaming is enabled. All other apps are working fine. Very annoying, please help me get it fixed.

Poetyk
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same issue.  I can't send picture messages that were taken from the phone and I'm having trouble downloading.  I'm on WiFi and full signal on a network extender,  roaming enabled etc...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tiffanymh20, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you too! Let's try this. Disable Wi-Fi and connect to our 3G or 4G network and send the picture message. We're standing by to further assist you if needed.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
thearchie35
Enthusiast - Level 1

That doesn't work. I did everything Verizon said to do. I'm still not able to send or receive picture messages. This has to be an lg g2 issue with verizon. If you haven't seen by now. You guys have had numerous complaints. Please fix this issue.

tiffanymh20
Enthusiast - Level 2

i never have Wi-Fi on so it was already disabled...still doesnt work

Tiffany

Private info removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Poetyk,

Here I am to save the day! Let's partner together and get your picture messaging working. Let's start with how much available device memory do you have? What error message, if any, are you getting? Are you able to use other data services without any issues? An example of data services to test are web browsing and app downloading. Once you share this info then we can customize a solution for you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes