Re: My LG G2 will not send picture messages.
ericamj22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue as well. This started on Sunday for me on the LG g2. I was on only data when it started and have still tried to send pictures over 4G and 3G connections. I also cannot see any previous mms picture messages I had already received before the issue. I have plenty of space available (about 16GB), and even attempted to delete more old messages just in case it was causing an issue. I have my text mms limit to 75 per conversation. I know this isn't the issue. When I try to send an mms picture message, I get 'Resizing attachment, attachment size limit reached'. This was working fine on Saturday. Any images anyone tries to send me do not download. It shows a blank/grayed error image. I don't think it's an individual user issue judging by this thread.

ericamj22
Enthusiast - Level 2

And all other services work fine, apps, web browsing, regular sms. It is just an issue with mms.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thearchie35

We definitely want your picture messages to be working at 100% for you! Are you using the pre-installed messaging app? If so, have you tested it in Safe Mode? Here's how: http://vz.to/1kw6zVM

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tiffanymh20,

I want to get this fixed for you ASAP. Are you using the normal text message application that came on the phone or are you using a 3rd party application? How long have you been having the issues with the picture messages? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ericamj22,

We wan to get your MMS working again! Thank you for all the troubleshooting you have done this far. Have you downloaded any new applications recently since this issue began? Please try this... http://vz.to/1kw6zVM and then send an MMS message. Let us know if it works.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jboismier
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having this problem.   It started 2 days ago. Cannot send or receive pictures throuhh texting.

This is a major issue for me since I use that feature  for my job!

I did a web search on the issue, and it seems to be a big problem affecting many phones!

This needs to be fixed ASAP !

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand this feature is important to have Jboismier! I'm sorry you're having problems with it, we'll get to the bottom of this. Are you using the stock application or one that was downloaded? What error message do you get when you try to send one? Please complete this http://vz.to/1w8LjL0 and turn off wi-fi, then test it again. 

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
ericamj22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to send a message with picture attachment in safe mode from the stock messaging app and it fails for the same reason. Nothing new was downloaded between when it worked and when it stopped working.  We tried to download a 3rd party messaging app and it too fails for the same reason. Message is actually 'attachment size limit exceeded' when it is trying to attach the image.

0 Likes
tiffanymh20
Enthusiast - Level 2

This did not solve the problem.

Tiffany

Private info removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
tiffanymh20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the stock application. I do not get an error message, the text just does not send. The circle beside it keeps spinning saying that it is sending and it never does. The only thing I get back is message failed would you like to retry, and that is only sometimes. I did what the link advised and still does not work.

Tiffany

Private info removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes