Re: My LG G5 GPS has stopped working most of the time.
CINDYBOOCD

I still haven't received any private message for a fix.  I've tried the same as everyone else here, uninstall the app and reinstall.  Calibrate Compass (not that that would do anything), downloaded other apps (waze) and the GPS doesn't work for any of them.  Cleared cache, cleared data, rebooted multiple times, removed the battery and let sit for 5 minutes, etc., etc.

Please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Relying on your GPS is important, CINDYBOOCD. I appreciate all the hard work you have put forward to get this issue resolved. Please review the private message I have sent you.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

opietrials​ and other community members who have posted in this discussion. At this time we have escalated this issue and we will keep you posted when we are provided with a resolution.

yarelim_vzw

opietrials
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank  you, yarelim_vzw. We are all waiting for a fix to this issue. 

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hello Everyone,

We appreciate your patience while our Device Team worked on providing us a resolution for the LG G5 GPS issue.  Our team has noted that a limited number for devices that were manufactured June 2016 and prior had a GPS gasket attachment defect, and a new extended gasket is now used. We can help get this fixed as long as the phone does not have any physical damages.

Please keep me posted if additional assistance is needed.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
CINDYBOOCD

My phone has no physical damage, how do I go about getting this fixed?

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

CINDYBOOCD​,  I am glad to hear that your phone does not have any damages.  This will allow us to help get your phone fixed.  Please check your inbox for my Direct Message to better assist you.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
BRIPAR68

Having same issue.  Please provide instructions to resolve this issue asap. GPS is crucial and phone was not cheap.  Thanks

0 Likes
SAUROPODA

Ya, my G5's GPS is also quite wonky.

It's not quite useless, but it's about 90-95% not super helpful.

My G5 is really quite annoying, and I do hope to replace it as soon as I can. (three more payments and it's gone!)

The GPS is just one of the things that's gone uh....off.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be that terrible example of a phone that comes up in conversations for YEARS to come.

"Hey, I know your phone might be pretty bad, but at LEAST it's not as terrible as that G5 I had."

0 Likes
SimpleTrigger
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sauropoda I agree, the phone has a ton of defects. Right now my screen doesn't turn on for a couple of minutes. I have learned to unlock it blindly but when someone is calling me I have no idea who it is. My phone freezes up constantly too, messaging and even home crash all the time. The two most basic apps.

But you just can't been the interchangeable battery. That's the best feature ever. Makes all of the bugs worth it.

My GPS also doesn't work at all. It is very frustrating. Please send me a private message Verizon.

0 Likes