My phone is stuck in "Google voice tying" (Automatic)
Redbeard54
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is stuck in "Google voice tying" (Automatic) this is not good if I need to text or email during a business meeting or other public forum.  How do I return to keyboard. ( have tried the "Settings" menus which seem to be locked...

Labels (1)
Re: My phone is stuck in "Google voice tying" (Automatic)
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Are you talking settings for the keyboard or the settings for the phone itself? If you are talking about the setting for the phone have you tried to restart the phone to see if that would clear google?

I have had a lot of problems with the google app on my phone ( s7 edge ) so much so I had to disable it.

I am waitting for a update that will take care of all the bugs that the last update caused. I liked the option for texting with the mic on the keyboard but that didn't always work the way it was supposed to. Also the app drained my battery a lot because it was always running in the background.

0 Likes
Redbeard54
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your input.  Have done the restart, no effect.  So I disabled Google and restarted. Now when I attempt to type something, nothing responds, I am completely shut out

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you are able to text without using Google Voice, Redbeard54. I appreciate the steps you have taken. What device do you have? Do you recall any steps previously taken to enable Google Voice typing? When using the keyboard with other apps, are you also defaulted to use Google Voice?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes