Myriad problems - likely an app update
Stbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using Marshmallow for 2 weeks without a problem.  Today, a host of problems - Dot View will not show the weather; the phone says "weather not available," but it is; the phone locks immediately even though the setting is 1 hour.

I have cleared the cache, but no fix.  I have run in safe mode and the same problems exist; now, after safe mode, I have lost half of my apps.  My wife's M8 has the same problems.  I suspect a recent update is causing the problem.

How do you determine which apps had the most recent updates?

Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Myriad problems - likely an app update
Stbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon - are you awake??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can completely understand the concern, Stbo. It is important to us that we get to the bottom of what is exactly going on with the devices and I am happy to assist.
Do the devices have any physical or water damage? Have you both attempted to pwer the phones off and back on? Please provide a few details on whether this is affecting any other services and we will be ready to continue working on this for you.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Stbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no physical or water damage.  I not only powered it on and off numerous times, I wiped the cache.

I think I have narrowed this down to the latest HTC Sense Home update.

In the lock screen, weather does not show and there is an error message "Weather unavailable."

Tapping the dot view cover gives the time, but no longer gives the weather.

Once the information on the dot view cover fades, the phone immediately locks even though it is not supposed to.

The widget for the Power Toggles app will not work.

The phone constantly asks me to give permissions for apps that already have permissions.

The phone has trouble connecting to WiFi.

I uninstalled HTC Sense Home and reinstalled it.  It did not help.

0 Likes
Stbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Email will not auto sync either.

0 Likes
Stbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, are you there?  This has been going on for over a week, and you haven't offered any help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help you out, Stbo. The Marshmallow update is an awesome update. I apologize for the issues you have been experiencing. For the email not syncing issue, please update the HTC Mail application. You can do this by going into the Play store and searching for it. That should fix your email issue
As for your device having issues connecting to WiFi, HTC is aware and is working on a fix.
With the Weather app on your home screen, you need to tap the clouds and set up your location again.
As for the screen lock settings, have you gone into Settings – Display and Gestures and checked your screen time out?
You should allow permissions on all your apps to see if that is what is happening. If you disallow any permission it could be a critical permission that is telling you to update.
As for the Power Toggles app, are you referring to the Power setting within the Apps?

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Stbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am aware of how to access and set up the weather app.  That is not the issue.  The issue is that, even though it has been set up, there is a warning to the left of where the weather should be that says "weather unavailable."

For the screen lock settings - yes, I have gone into Settings dozens of times.  The Setting says that the time out is one hour.  But I when use dot view, the phone locks immediately after the dot view finishes.

I allow permissions on all my apps.

Power Toggles is an app.  I am not referring to a power setting within the Apps.  Here is the app.  I have used it without any issues for 2 years.  It simply won't work any longer after the latest updates, and I think it may be the Sense Home update.  Power Toggles - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stbo, thank you for confirming this information for us. Are all the applications, that you are currently experiencing issues with, updated to the most recent version?

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
reneeinpa13

I'm having similar issues and Verizon your suggestions are not helping...i don't think you are actually listening to the issue. I'm seeing this same problem come up on outside android forums as well...there is obviously a problem

0 Likes