New Eris Update; many bugs - is Verizon Responsive?
JulieC

Any idea if the new Eris update (2.3?) will address the bugs (sluggishness and hard stops to messaging, internet, etc.)?  I just got my Eris in early June (2010), got the update in late June, and while initially impressed, have been very disappointed with its bugginess.

Is Verizon responsive to these types of bugs?  Do they generally do a good job addressing them in subsequent updates?

I went from loving this phone to becoming progressively disappointed in it since the update.

Thanks,

j

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Eris Update; many bugs - is Verizon Responsive?
JulieC

Update - OK, so I guess I was updated with 2.1 because 2.2 is the big "FroYo" update that everybody is so excited about... right?  So, are we expecting the 2.2 to get rid of a lot of the bugs from this most recent update (2.1)?

0 Likes
loveleighgirl

I am having the same issues. I loved this phone before the 2 upgrades they had since I got it a few months ago. Each update seems to make it worse!

0 Likes
mblair84

I completely agree.   I was very happy with the Eris before 2.1.  Now, I can't customize ringtones for individuals and it almost seems like there are certain area of the screen that are more sensitive than others. 

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I really doubt they upgrade you to 2.2 ... my wife loves 2.1 she can do all of the things you said you can't.
0 Likes
mseich
I was having the same problems after I got a replacement Eris and did the update myself. I went into the store and got another replacement in which the store rep. manually pushed all the new software updates onto my phone right in the store and I have had no more problems
0 Likes