Re: New Notification after restarting phone "SIM card not from Verizon"
WK121
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have located some additional information that may lend reason to the issue I am having. It appears that the Smart Manager on this device may be the cause of the APP disconnections that prevent notifications from being received and am curious if this may also be the cause of the SIM Card issue. Possibly an issue during a recent update cycle? There are other threads that discuss the lack of notifications being received but there does not appear to be a way to stop or disable the Smart Manager due to the programming requirements agreed upon between Verizon and TCL. There are a couple work-arounds that may or may not resolve this issue but I am not comfortable enough in the programming aspect to attempt these. It would seem to me that Verizon needs to communicate with TCL about this issue as it is one of the largest negative review influences I have seen about this phone. There needs to be an update for this issue that might even allow for the disabling of the Smart Manager component. Setting and resetting the switches to allow or disallow apps from being accessed appears to have little to no affect on the problem. I have already returned one camera system due to not receiving notifications and have been considering returning a second. If it is a program issue with the #TCL T790S phone, then shame on TCL! And Verizon! I look forward to hearing what you have discovered and how we might resolve this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! We want you to receive the help you need. We can meet in Private to continue. *Christina

0 Likes
WK121
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay

0 Likes
ChankloN21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I been a really loyal customer to Verizon but I'm getting tired of the careless Attention to customers. 

I still have the same issue ( OnePlus 8 VZW UW 5G ) and I'm on my 3rd replacement  right now 11/22/2022 form the "Certified Like-New Replacement" (Garbage) and as right now on my 3rd replacement I just received yesterday 11/21/2022 is keep doing the same issues and something more WORSE the touch is not working properly and is freezing up and it is SUPER SLOW. And I haven't finished setting up my phone 😂

One more thing I was having a lot of lost of connection, dropped calls, not internet connection and also my visual voicemail didn't work since the notification appeared ' Sim Card not from Verizon ' 

Also after spent 2 hrs on the phone with VZW Customer/Tech support he want to fix the problem trying brain washing me and forcing me to upgrading my phone 😂 just like that with NO negotiating no offers no discount 😂 when the problem is from Verizon relations not mine.

Screenshot_20221121-170057.jpg

Screenshot_20221024-185553.jpg

0 Likes
WK121
Enthusiast - Level 2

Knock on wood! After a recent System Update, 1BGYUFY0, applied November 13, 2022, the aforementioned notification has ceased to present itself on device restart. This issue seems to have been resolved with this latest system update. I can now restart my phone and I don't have this issue. For how long, remains to be seen, but for now the issue is resolved.

0 Likes
ChankloN21
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello there, today 11/23/2022 my OnePlus 8 that I just received on 11/21/22 from "Certified Like-New Replacement" is even WORSE screen is all scratched, the touch is unresponsive is slow and keep freezing.  And the phone system is updated. And the WORSE is the phone is not detecting the Sim card it says not available. No Sim Card. 😂 🤣

😡Well see what is going to happen 😤🤷

This really disappointing me!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your device concerns are our concerns too. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing service issues with the Certified Like-New Replacement  OnePlus 8 device you've received.

We certainly don't want to disappoint you, and we're here to help. May I ask have you contacted our Customer Service/Tech Support Team by phone at 800-922-0204 for assistance?

If not, we can help you here.

-Robert C.

0 Likes