No longer have microphone key available on stock keyboard.
washburncincy

LG G3.  No longer have microphone key available on stock keyboard.  When long-pressing the bottom row 2nd key from left (currently displays pencil for handwriting mode, I think) only options in pop-up are clipboard and settings.  I should have option for microphone in theory as I understand it.  All my searches discuss fixes which include uninstalling and reinstalling Google Voice Search, but I cannot locate such an app on my device.  I found the speech-to-text input very convenient and would greatly appreciate any help in restoring this feature.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: No longer have microphone key available on stock keyboard.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Voice to text is an option that comes in handy very often, and I want to make sure you can access yours.If you go to Settings>Languag & input, do you see Google voice typing? If so, by selecting "Default" are you able to select Google voice typing? What happens

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
washburncincy

I do not have Google voice typing in my Language & Input menu.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the confusion since the update, let's get to the bottom of this. Google voice search is a great feature. Here's how to enable the voice search: Open the Google Application> Menu icon > Settings > VoiceGoogle" detection>Enable OK Google
AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes