Nobody can hear me
cozinsky

I have a Moto G phone. Problem just started today: I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. It makes no difference if they call me or I call them. I've checked the volume settings and the phone is not on mute. I've tried powering off and restarting it several times but no change. The weird thing is when I speak into the phone I can hear myself on the speaker after a brief delay. I also noticed I'm no longer showing 4g service. I always have at least three or four bars at my home and the 4g was always lit up before.

0 Likes
Re: Nobody can hear me
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cozinsky, thank you for contacting us. We're concerned to learn that you can't be heard during calls, and we'd love to help! Do you have the same problem if you use speakerphone mode during the call? Do you have the 4G icon before the call, and then it goes away during the call? ~Baldo

0 Likes
cozinsky

A few updates:

I've spent over three hours on the phone with Verizon and Motorola tech support with no solution. I've tried cleaning the microphone and ran a diagnostic check; the microphone is working normally but I still cannot use the phone unless I switch to speaker phone. I've tried safe mode and did a full factory reset last night but I still have the same problem. The other person still cannot hear me unless I switch to speaker. I believe the phone ran a software update about a week ago and I hadn't used it after the update to talk to anyone until this past weekend which is when I discovered the problem. I don't know if this issue is related to the update or not. I'm exhausted and frustrated from fighting with it for the past two days and about ready to toss it in the trash and buy a new one. Very disappointed, I've only had this phone for a little over a year and its just out of warranty to Motorola won't do anything either.

0 Likes
cozinsky

I should also add there is no physical damage to the phone. It has not been dropped or struck in any way and has not been exposed to water.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you helping to confirm those detail, cozinsky. We know being able to hearing on your calls is pretty essential. Does your microphone pickup your voice with things outside calls, such as recording video or voice notes? Also, what is showing up instead of 4G at the top of phone? *Zaak

0 Likes
cozinsky

As I said in my previous post the microphone is working. It works in the diagnostic test and it works in Google speak. It also functions normally while recording videos. The only time it doesn't work is during calls.

The 4g is still working in certain areas. That's not my concern right now and I do not believe that is related to the microphone issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details, cozinsky. We most certainly want to investigate further into this for you. Just to clarify, are you having this issue with all calls, or calls with a certain number? What happens when you use headphones? Is the caller able to hear you? Is this issue happening only while at home, or in other locations as well?

-Kia

0 Likes
cozinsky

It doesn't matter if I call or someone calls me. Either way the other person cannot hear me unless I switch to speaker phone. If I plug the headset in they can hear me that way too, but not if I use the phone normally. Location does not matter, it still does it no matter where I am.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cozinsky, we regret to hear your Moto G just went out of warranty. We can help explore upgrade options or would recommend looking into a local repair shop near you that can help with repairing your phone. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

- Alan

0 Likes
Shad2U
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same problem. I have an Xcover Pro. Phone works fine in all aspects until I use the spearphone. I can hear the other caller but they can not hear me while I'm on the speakerphone. If I take it off of speaker they hear me without issue. Also, the problem only exists when trying to communicate with other Verizon mobile devices. I have no difficulties when calling people who are on other carriers. They can hear me fine. Also have no issue communicating with someone on a Verizon land line. Problem only exists when trying to communicate with another Verizon wireless device.

0 Likes