Not all contacts are accessible via the contact app
m4lerro

With no warning, the contact app no longer shows (or accesses) the information on all my contacts (it shows only 20 contacts).  No contacts have been deleted.  In fact, when I attempted to restore deleted contacts using an android contact recovery app I received the error message "deleted contacts not found".  What has happened to the information on my other contacts and how do I restore access to it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not all contacts are accessible via the contact app
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you know where the contacts were stored? The Verizon Cloud or Google or something else?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
m4lerro

No......that's the "funny" thing.  I can't find the data. I can't find any (not even the 20 that appear) contacts file on my phone nor on the Verizon cloud.   Phone is set for "back-up and restore" to my google account but a quick review if that only shows the 20 contacts (despite me having accessed some if the missing contacts just this past Tues).  A "google" restore to one week ago makes no changes.

Appears as if the contacts just disappeared on Wed morning.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

M4lerro, This is very concerning that the contacts have disappeared. We can definitely go through some steps to try to find them for you. What make and model phone do you have? Did anything change recently on the phone?

TionnaB_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
m4lerro

Yes, concerning indeed; I'm essentially unable to connect with any of my associates without that contact information.  The phone equipment is the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.  I made no changes to the phone prior to "loosing" the contact information and have not made any changes (other than "hunting around" for the data) to the phone since.  Thanks

0 Likes