Okay, bear with me, this is NOT a "deregister your phone number from iTunes" thing. If I get another canned answer telling me to deregister my number, I'll go nuts. Here is the issue, and please read all the way through before responding:
- My brother has lived abroad for the past 12 years. He and his partner have ALWAYS had iPhones.
- Neither I nor my mother EVER had problems sending or receiving texts to either of them.
- They previously lived in the UK, China, Singapore, and South America, and this was NEVER a problem.
- Neither my mother nor I have EVER had an iPhone and we're not switching.
- NEITHER of us have ANY problems sending or receiving texts from ANY OTHER iPhone users; this includes other iPhone users abroad (ie Germany, Japan, UK, etc).
- Now, my brother and his partner RECENTLY moved to Australia. When they got hooked up with Australian SIM cards, neither my mother nor I could RECEIVE messages from them. Mom has an S7 and I have an S9.
- At first we thought it was their carrier, and we just dealt with it.
- BUT then they came to the States for 2 months for the holidays/general family visit, and got a Chicago phone number SIM card (both of them got different #s from the same carrier).
- Both are using vanilla AT&T SIM cards in the US.
- Problem persists--we can send to them, they see it, can't get response.
- YES they turned off MMS messaging
- YES they are sending as SMS
- YES we have checked everything else we can think of.
- Both Mom and I have Verizon, normal vanilla plans, nothing weird.
So what gives? HELP please! And Verizon, please no canned answers; look into this seriously.
See more topics labeled with:
Have them delete the contacts for you and your mom and the previous text threads for those contacts in their phones and re-add them making sure to save your numbers with just the 10 digits of your number. (No 1/+ etc.) That should fix the issue.