Not receiving short code messages
Orlando1

Hello Verizon Community:

I am setting up two-step authentication with some financial institutions, and one of then uses short code messages. I am receiving a text message from friends and other sites, but when a short code message is sent, my phone does not get it. After I called the bank, they told me that certain carriers block shortcode msg and that I should call you to find out if there is a setting that needs to be turn on or off. 

This afternoon, I called Verizon Customer Support and the representative said that the only thing she saw that could be causing the problem was the call filter. She turned that off, but even with that off, I am not receiving the shortcode msg. 

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving short code messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with receiving short code text messages, Orlando1. We certainly don't want you to miss a single text message and I'm happy to help out. I know you mentioned speaking with the bank but did they recall having issues with sending to Verizon customers in particular? What's the make and model of your phone? Have you checked to see if you inadvertently blocked the number on your phone? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving short code messages
Orlando1

Hi Ryan and thank you for your reply. My phone is a Samsung S10. 

When I spoke.to the bank, they said that some carriers block short code msg and the customer should call the provider to check If there is an option to unblock those mags. 

I have no problems from other places but my guess those messages are longer

0 Likes