Not receiving text messages/alarm clock not working/constant low storage space on Ally
Nikilina

It was fine for about 5 weeks and then started having issues.

The alarm clock works when it wants to.  I have it set for 7am and at 7am nothing... but it says it is on and ready....

I don't get text messages.... For the alarm and the texts I have to power the phone on & off and they will all come in and the alarm will work.

I have done the *228, #1 & #2 and still the same issue.

My gmail account freezes and the tech told me to take the battery out while it is still on and then turn back on - this did work...

AND I keep getting a "low storage" icon telling me to delete data... I only use the thing for facebook, you tube and gmail.... I have a couple of games but nothing that much... so why am I paying extra for this data plan and phone when I have to delete the few Apps I do enjoy? Like, I could of kept my regular phone and saved $30 a month b/c that had the internet on it. 

I just don't get it.   Should I bring my phone to a store to be looked at?   And how many times should you do the *228 ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving text messages/alarm clock not working/constant low storage space on Ally
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

Nikilina wrote:

It was fine for about 5 weeks and then started having issues.

The alarm clock works when it wants to.  I have it set for 7am and at 7am nothing... but it says it is on and ready....

I don't get text messages.... For the alarm and the texts I have to power the phone on & off and they will all come in and the alarm will work.

I have done the *228, #1 & #2 and still the same issue.

My gmail account freezes and the tech told me to take the battery out while it is still on and then turn back on - this did work...

AND I keep getting a "low storage" icon telling me to delete data... I only use the thing for facebook, you tube and gmail.... I have a couple of games but nothing that much... so why am I paying extra for this data plan and phone when I have to delete the few Apps I do enjoy? Like, I could of kept my regular phone and saved $30 a month b/c that had the internet on it. 

I just don't get it.   Should I bring my phone to a store to be looked at?   And how many times should you do the *228 ?

I think I would take it in to the local Verizon Corp store and have them look at it....  I'd like to know what's taking up all of your memory if you only have a couple apps installed...  The Tech should be able to look at it and tell you where your memory went...  I have at least 8 Apps installed on my Ally and  It seems to be working well...  No low memory errors or problems with general operation.

I'm wondering if your missing sounds might be due to the low memory conditions  One App I have installed that helps me keep track of my memory status, as well as uninstalling and or Killing apps if I choose, is "SystemPanel" ...  You can find it in the Android Market.

The Alarms not working?  When they fail have you tried setting a test alarm for one of the unused alarms and watch the phone when it's supposed to go off...  Does it just ignore the alarm, or does it display the Alarm message but you don't hear any sounds...

Let me know.

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving text messages/alarm clock not working/constant low storage space on Ally
sarahharris25

I just took mine in because I could not answer my phone. They told me that I need to use the Advance task killer very regularly and that I could delete any apps that I am not using. Keeping your texts deleted will also free up memory. The Ally only has a certain amount of memory and if it gets low, the phone doesn't work as it should. There is no way to expand the memory so try keeping your apps to only those that you use. It is all about memory on this phone and there is not a whole lot to work with. 

0 Likes
Nikilina

It says the alarm is on and I watch it... it says set for 7:00am and then it is 7:03 and it still has not gone off... VERY FRUSTRATING!

And when I listen to Pandora or am on Facebook, I don't get text messages.  I have to turn my phone off..... and turn it back on and get all the missed texts.

I thought the point of this phone was to be a "smartphone" ... so I could use it with multiple apps... so if I am listening to Pandora, I can't get text messages? Makes no sense. 

I am also paying more a month for this phone and having all these issues.  It's annoying.  I have been with verizon a few years but this makes me want to try something different.

0 Likes
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

Nikilina wrote:

It says the alarm is on and I watch it... it says set for 7:00am and then it is 7:03 and it still has not gone off... VERY FRUSTRATING!

And when I listen to Pandora or am on Facebook, I don't get text messages.  I have to turn my phone off..... and turn it back on and get all the missed texts.

I thought the point of this phone was to be a "smartphone" ... so I could use it with multiple apps... so if I am listening to Pandora, I can't get text messages? Makes no sense. 

I am also paying more a month for this phone and having all these issues.  It's annoying.  I have been with verizon a few years but this makes me want to try something different.

I think I would have Version look at your Ally or contact LG Suppot (800) 793-8896...  I havn't seen my Facebook app interfere with my incoming txt messages...  I'm also using Pandora and I have it running in the back ground while I am txting, checking email and just my normal day to day activities.

The Alarm clock not working is concerning as well...  I've never missed an Alarm with my Ally.  I see from your post that you waited 3 minutes after the Alarm should have sounded, and nothing happened...  Is that the Alarm in position #1 ...  You can create multiple alarms...  If you didn't already, I would create a new alarm for, say 5 minutes from when you create it and then see if that one will go off...

You're right this is a Smart phone and it should do all of the things you are trying to do...  If it isn't doing these things then there must be something wrong with it...  Let me know what you find out.

0 Likes