Note 2 - question about calander
Kev48us
Contributor - Level 1

when u are adding a entry it give the option for a location is there any reason for this? i am asking because i my self usaly if adding something know where it is or where i am going and dont relly see the point of it unless it going to remind u at the location wich i am preaty shure android doesnt have location based reminders

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Note 2 - question about calander
HaveAndHaveNot
Enthusiast - Level 3

It isn't for location based reminders,  haha. Sometimes when people have appointments they don't remember the address.  The calendar allows you enter the address into your phone so you don't have to go searching for it later.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it's also there so if you do enter the address, when you open the event, you can just tap that address and select maps for navigation. you may always know where you're going, but many other people don't (new clients' adrresses, new dentist, doctor....whatever). i enter the address if i've never been to the place before so i can easily open turn by turn navigation.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

This feature is also very useful because you can add guests to your calendar event (i.e. schedule a meeting) and you may need to inform everybody of the location.  I also have used this recently as I've been going through a handful of job interviews and so I always like to add the location to make Nav easy. 

There is also (if you are on JB) the ever so helpful Google Now, which will notifiy you when it's time to leave for an appointment based on nav time from your current location if you have input the location of the calendar event.

Speaking of Google Now, yes, Android DOES have location based reminders.  If you have it, you can open Google Now, press the mic and say "remind me to get milk next time I'm at Safeway" and it will do exactly that.