Noticed today the LG V30 device is listed last for shoppers
stef7
Master - Level 2

I noticed today, the LG V30, an absolutely fantastic flagship device, arguably one of the best (and along certain dimensions the best) being offered on the VZW network is last in the list presented to people shopping for a Smartphone.

Apple iPhoneX, 8 and Samsung Note 8 and 8 are upfront, the G6 is being offered at 50% off ok, but then going down a fairly lengthy list of much less capable phones, including those made by LG which are notably inferior, the V30 is presented last.

Does VZW corporate determine the ordering, the prominence of available devices?

I was in a VZW corporate store this weekend to purchase the V30. A perfect update to my most trusted LG G4. And it was very obvious, the LG V30 device was not shown on the very large television monitor, and while other phones had descriptive labels in front of their respective displays, the LG phones did not.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Noticed today the LG V30 device is listed last for shoppers
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Nobody wants that phone. I am surprised that LG is still selling phones with the Boot Loop problem on every phone since G3 and the V10 and V20. I had a G2, G3 and V10 and LG is always VERY SLOW in upgrading. I bought the V10 the day after it came it. It came with Lollipop and was upgraded in March of 2016 to 6.0 EVEN though 6.0.1 was released 3 months prior to me getting the upgrade. I waited and waited and begged and pleaded with LG to release 6.0.1. I couldn't stand that things that were fixed in 6.0.1 were present in the device I paid $700 for. Then Nougat came out in August 2016. I figured that they would skip 6.0.1 and go right to 7.0. I waited and waited and finally had enough when the V20 was released with 7.0 in September of 2016 and the V10 STILL DIDN'T have 6.0.1. So much so that I said NO MORE and went back to iPhone in March of 2017. If I am going to pay that much for a phone, I expect to get OS updates in a timely fashion. To this date 8.0 is available and the V10 STILL DOESN'T have 6.0.1. What kind of [Removed] is that?

Exactly why should an LG device be featured for people to buy?

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I wouldn't say no one wants the device. It's getting pretty great reviews. I hear what you are saying about slow or no updates.

However, understand that sometimes it is Verizon that is responsible for the delay...

Example, I have an LG W200V smart watch. This was very much ahead of its time. A few years old now, makes an Apple Watch Series 3 a question mark. The W200A on ATT already got a an update to wear 2.0, and LG has provided the update to VZW some time ago.

Things are not always what they seem.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

In the case of the V10, it is not Verizon holding up the update. To my knowledge, no V10 devices in the US have anything past 6.0.

0 Likes