Please help My devour wont let me access my contacts
Valerie2127
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got the new Motorola Devour and am loving this phone.  I only have one issue and that is when I bought the phone all of my facebook contacts immediately downloaded to my phone.  I added a few extras and while playing with my new toy I downloaded a few new apps from the marketplace.  I no longer have access to my contacts and my speeddial list disappeared.  I have powered the phone on and off several times and taken out the battery.  I called the support customer service but due to the newness of this phone they are not really sure how to get it back.  I can still make phone calls and text and stuff as long as I dont do it through my contacts list.  I can still use the contacts that I added manually but all my other contacts I get an error message and cant open them to view, edit, or use them.  Does anyone have any ideas as to where to go to find a way to fix this or any ideas as to how to fix it. 

Thank you for any help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Please help My devour wont let me access my contacts
Valerie2127
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok so I figured it out I think.  My Contacts were not syncing to my gmail account because they were facebook contacts only.  I had to do a restore to factory settings where I lost all the new apps I downloaded but all of my contacts were back including the ones I had entered manually.  After a little research I found an exportcontacts app in the marketplace and was able to save my contacts to the memory card and after a little while they were on my gmail account.  It was a long way about it but it worked.  I had to export my contacts to my memory card and then save them to my desktop on my computer.  After that I had to log in to Gmail and then import them from my desktop to my gmail account.  I havent had any problems since redownloading facebook to my phone and I am not sure if this is the right way to do it but it worked and that is all I care about.   I dont know if this will help anyone but hopefully it will. 

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Valerie2127
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok so I figured it out I think.  My Contacts were not syncing to my gmail account because they were facebook contacts only.  I had to do a restore to factory settings where I lost all the new apps I downloaded but all of my contacts were back including the ones I had entered manually.  After a little research I found an exportcontacts app in the marketplace and was able to save my contacts to the memory card and after a little while they were on my gmail account.  It was a long way about it but it worked.  I had to export my contacts to my memory card and then save them to my desktop on my computer.  After that I had to log in to Gmail and then import them from my desktop to my gmail account.  I havent had any problems since redownloading facebook to my phone and I am not sure if this is the right way to do it but it worked and that is all I care about.   I dont know if this will help anyone but hopefully it will. 

Thank you

0 Likes
sexylady

i have a question i have a new devour phone and i forgot my gmail acct.so i cant get my contacts.what do i do

0 Likes