[Q] Emergency Alert Settings Missing. [Droid DNA]
baronmccaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is in reference to the Droid DNA

The emergency alert selections are missing in my message settings. The  attached picture shows what I see when I select emergency alerts in  settings. I have done a factory reset, and I have changed my radio to  CDMA/LTE from Global just to try with no avail. These settings used to be there awhile back as I used to receive alerts, but now they seem missing and I no longer receive alerts. I know this as other people from different devices receive alerts while I am with them and my device is just silent. Does anyone have any ideas? There has to be something I am overlooking.Thanks for your time.

attachment.php.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: [Q] Emergency Alert Settings Missing. [Droid DNA]
B33
Legend

Have you Looked at the Online Manual for any Suggestion you try there..

0 Likes
baronmccaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have, and it appears that there is no documentation about emergency alerts in the manual. I am wondering if Verizon accidentally disabled it with the latest updates. It is just weird that they were there before.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I don't know they could have on your phone but being that these alerts are put out as they Are i would think they wouldn't want to drop it. I found the app on my Razr Maxx in the App Drawer i tapped on it)  It of course said there were No Alerts but i did tap the settings button And found Settings that i can adjust for the Alerts.. you might look in your app drawer see if it's there it will be a white app with a caution sign in the Middle of it..

By the way it was some to hear the Alert when we had our First Tornado Warning.!

0 Likes
baronmccaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

We actually do not have a separate app that shows up on HTC devices (unless you install a 3rd party app). This is the one built in straight into HTC's message app. The picture below came from another HTC device (non DNA) and shows what it should look like and you will see what I mean as to why I am wondering why this is missing on mine. The Verizon website still has the Droid DNA listed as WEA capable.

uploadfromtaptalk1367616203479.jpg

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hum you might Call Customer Service and ask them if the app has been removed from the DNA there phone No. is 1-800-922-0204 then Option 3 they should have some kind of Answer to what might have happened) You could also stop by if your close to a Corporate store and ask if they might have an Answer as to this as well..  Hope they have an Answer..  b

And this below needed a bit of an adjustment it should read like this:..

By the way it was something to hear the Alert when we had our First Tornado Warning.!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you providing the screen shot of what you see on your DNA. You have already done quite a bit of troubleshooting.
I do want you to go to the Settings>About Phone and you should see the current software version. (2.06.605.1 710RD /Base::1.01.04.0308)
I believe you have already done these steps http://vz.to/14N7JC4 in order to set the alerts up.
If you have that  software version already, please let me know.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
baronmccaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, my software is up to date with the latest software.  And with the settings you provided, I see the screen that I have shown on my first post. Thanks for any help you may provide.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Baronmccaul,

Thank you for your additional troubleshooting in regards to this feature. I absolutely understand the importance of rectifying this issue ASAP. I actually have the save device and know exactly how to help! Please select messaging app, settings, & then emergency alerts. Alerts settings should be auto populated. Also have you altered any of the software on the device? If this option is unavailable please visit your local VZW Store so we can complete a hands on evaluation of the device, thanks!

Matthew_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes