RAZR HD WiFi not connecting at KitKat update
djhass
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I updated my RAZR HD to the KitKat yesterday my WiFi won't connect when I leave the house and return. I need to turn off my phone completely and then it will connect.

My phone was fine before so I think it has to do with the update. Does anyone have a solutions?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
30 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello edknn, let's get to the bottom of this together! A working phone is super important! Select menu, go to touch settings, select wifi and go to advanced options. Select wifi frequency band. Choose 5 GHz only option. Also, check these settings and functions for battery life: http://vz.to/1g8Ij5U Keep us posted if there is a change.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
edknn

My home router is 2.4 ghz only....5.0 ghz is not an option....when bluetooth is turned off, networks are visible and able to connect...this is not a valid work around as I use bluetooth with wifi audio and for calls in my car.Will 4.4.3 fix this and will Razr HD get this update and when. I would have thought Verizon would have made sure this update would work before rolling it out and destroying our phones. I am seriously considering switching providers as my service has suffered so much. Verizon should offer to cover any overages in our data plans caused by this foul up. Sounds like quite the money maker for your company.I feel upgrade times should be waved to allow those affected to find phones that actually work.

0 Likes
swalsh3030

The update is from Google not Verizon it does say the next update will fix Bluetooth problems

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
lady628

Do you know when that update will be??

0 Likes
swalsh3030

I don't know but it sounded like it wouldn't be to long

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
lady628

Well Verizon sent out a phone(the same razorHD) and now I am afraid to

turn on bluetooth so could you please post when the update comes around

Thank You

0 Likes
djhass
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wasn't sure if you saw my last response. I did want you suggested and still no changes

0 Likes
swalsh3030

Tried it didn't work yes I'm using Bluetooth also

On May 25, 2014 8:25 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
djhass
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did that already and it didn't change the connection.

I tried a public WiFi connection and it did the same thing. It saved it but

it wouldn't connect. This is really frustrating .

Thanks

On May 24, 2014 12:49 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
MrHappy999

Same issue here.  Repower phone and get wifi for maybe a couple minutes then it disappears, or does not connect to home network all together and then disappears from icon tray.  Not happy anymore!

0 Likes