Receiving texts from recipients of a mass text
lowchroma
Enthusiast - Level 2

When certain friends of mine (those with Iphones) send me a mass text I now get copied whenever the other recipients respond to the sender. For example, when my friend had a baby he sent a text message to nearly everyone in his phone. When the various recipients responded to my friend I got their response. In one day I got 30-40 texts from people congratulating him. Does anyone know why this is or how to stop it? I don't have unlimited texting so getting copied on extraneous texts is really annoying. How can this be legal?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Receiving texts from recipients of a mass text
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately, they probably received the original text with all the numbers attached to it.  When they reply, it may be similar to "reply all" on an email.  I think you can block texts from certain numbers, but that can be a real hassle, especially if you ever want to receive a text from one of them later on down the road.  I think this is how the iPhone is set up (I had something similar happen when my sister had a baby, though not nearly to this degree) and, unfortunately, there is nothing else you can do from your end.

0 Likes