Rezound - Unable to access data services via Wi-Fi after software upgrade
PA15143
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received and ran the software upgrade for my Rezound.  Since the upgrade, I am unable to access data services via Wi-Fi at home, but strangely I can at work.  I have noticed on other sites user forums other users reporting the same problem. Some users indicated a factory reset fixed the problem, but it did not work for me.

My home router accepts 802.11b and 802.11g, I suspect my work Wi-Fi network is 802.11n, which I think accounts for why Wi-Fi works in one location, but not another.

Have any other users experienced the same issue and more importantly, is there a fix that I can perform OR do I have to pray for a software fix push?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Rezound - Unable to access data services via Wi-Fi after software upgrade
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Only thing I can think of is, if you have your router at home set up to only allow certain devices, IP addresses, or something similar, maybe your router isn't recognizing your phone anymore. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Only thing I can think of is, if you have your router at home set up to only allow certain devices, IP addresses, or something similar, maybe your router isn't recognizing your phone anymore. 

0 Likes
PA15143
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had absolutely no problem with the Wi-Fi connection prior to the software upgrade. I double checked the router settings and everything looked fine to me, I changed the broadcast channel from "automatic" and forced it to channel 11, my phone was able to connect for a few hours after that, but now, it stopped again. I disconnectd the phone from my home network and had it forget the network, reconnected it, and it still won't send/receive data even though the network shows as connected.

0 Likes
PA15143
Enthusiast - Level 2

I replaced my router and the data services are working correctly now, thanks for the tip that it may be my wireless router

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

No problem, I just thought it was weird that it would connect to one router and not another.  Glad you got it figured out.

0 Likes