Samsung Core Prime Disable Vibrate on Number Pad
JCSFF
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just bought 2 new Samsung Core Prime phones w/ Kit Kat 4.4.4 and any time there I press numbers on a number pad for entry (enter pin to unlock phone, Dial a phone number, calculator) and when you long press an icon, I get an annoying vibrate.  Keyboard entry does not do this.  My wife's phone I bought at same time only vibrates on the long press. This is driving me NUTS! 

I have searched the net and have not found anything that works.  I have tried changing everything in the settings - language input keyboards, swype settings, etc.  I've disabled touch sounds in the sounds section, I installed the swiftkey keyboard app, activated it and then disabled vibrate on touch, nothing is working.

I'm thinking that either the phone had this from get go for some reason or when I synch'd with my google account, something got installed that set something that I can't disable.

Does anyone have any ideas?

kernel ver: 3.10.28 Sat Jun 6 22:59:24 KST 2015

Build: KTU84P.GS360VVRU2AOF2

Config Ver: F14.SAM.SMG360V.0

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Core Prime Disable Vibrate on Number Pad
JCSFF
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ended up going to Samsung support and after a bunch of them doing things I already tried plus them having me try safe mode, they recommended a factory reset.  When I factory reset and then linked my google account it was still happening. So we then Factory reset again and skipped linking google and it went away. YAY!  But now how to link my account w/o this getting enabled again? I didn't want to create a new account...

I now have my account linked and the vibrate is still disabled.  Double Yay! I THINK I solved it by one of the following:

- On my son's Nexus 7 (which I think was the source of the problem): I added an account for him on his nexus, deleted my account from it and then added my account back as secondary account.

- I went into the myaccount.google and deleted all "connected" apps from my account (which happened to all be games for my son)

- After doing all the above, when I linked my account on the phone, I quickly went in and disabled app syncing

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone else that has this annoying thing happen to them!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how this phone behavior can be annoying Jonathan. You indicate that you have 2 phones of same model and only one is behaving this way, I recommend restarting your phone in Safe Mode as per this link http://spr.ly/6583B1CQ1 to confirm if the issue is related to a third party application. If issue stops while in Safe Mode, then you must find the culprit application and remove it for good. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JCSFF
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ended up going to Samsung support and after a bunch of them doing things I already tried plus them having me try safe mode, they recommended a factory reset.  When I factory reset and then linked my google account it was still happening. So we then Factory reset again and skipped linking google and it went away. YAY!  But now how to link my account w/o this getting enabled again? I didn't want to create a new account...

I now have my account linked and the vibrate is still disabled.  Double Yay! I THINK I solved it by one of the following:

- On my son's Nexus 7 (which I think was the source of the problem): I added an account for him on his nexus, deleted my account from it and then added my account back as secondary account.

- I went into the myaccount.google and deleted all "connected" apps from my account (which happened to all be games for my son)

- After doing all the above, when I linked my account on the phone, I quickly went in and disabled app syncing

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone else that has this annoying thing happen to them!

0 Likes