Samsung Galaxy S4 message: Unable to detect your SIM card. Your device will restart to check for your SIM card.
maytersandwich

About a week ago I started getting this message on my phone:  Unable to detect your SIM card. Your device will restart to check for your SIM card.  When I click ok, it reboots.  Sometimes I have to turn it off and take the SIM card out and put it back in to get it to work.  Has anyone seen this?  Are there any solutions?20140704_183313.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 message:  Unable to detect your SIM card. Your device will restart to check for your SIM card.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi maytersandwich - Let's bring back the reliable device that you have grown to love! When removing the SIM card, ae the metal contact on SIM free of corrosion or damage? Does the device show any physical or liquid damage anywhere else?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 message:  Unable to detect your SIM card. Your device will restart to check for your SIM card.
maytersandwich

As far as I can tell, no.  I called your Technical Support today and they are sending me a new SIM card to see if that fixes the problem.

0 Likes
maytersandwich

Ok, I took it in last month (the 12th of July 2014 I think) to a retail store to have the SIM card replaced.  Had that done and it worked fine until yesterday (8/17/2014).  It started giving me the same message repeatedly about the SIM card being removed.

I started it in Safe Mode - same thing after about 5 minutes.  What now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

maytersandwich

Thanks for the update! Since the new SIM card fixed the issue originally, it sounds like there may be something damaging the SIM card and causing this trouble over time. Are you able to try a different SIM?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
maytersandwich

I can only try one if you send me one.  I'd be willing to try that, but what kind of things could cause the SIM card to be damaged?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

maytersandwich

A new SIM card would be great! Are you able to visit a corporate store location to pick one up for free? http://bit.ly/3SdsA A SIM card may become damaged if it is removed and handled or if the SIM card tray itself is damaged.

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 message: Unable to detect your SIM card. Your device will restart to check for your SIM card.
stef7
Master - Level 2

heat / thermal cycling

0 Likes
maytersandwich

I'd prefer not to do that since the nearest store is 28 miles away.  I've never taken the card out, until it started having this problem so i'm not clear how it could be damaged again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

maytersandwich I sent you a follow request, please accept it and send me a direct message, so I may assist you in getting a SIM card.

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes