Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE
jgreer87
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Galaxy LTE watch is not receiving text messages unless it's connected to my phone using bluetooth. What setting am I missing to make this happen? if the watch can't receive text messages without being connected using Bluetooth, what's the point of the LTE service??

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jgreer,

It is important to have the full functionality of your smartwatch, including taking advantge of calls, messages and and data away from your home? Is this a newly activated device you have? Did this just start happening?

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
chrisballard1985

Im having the same issue but mine started from minute 1. I purchased the watch and the staff at the store helped set it all up. He was having trouble getting it to connect to the mobile network. It keeps saying The Verizon network isn't supported any more. He called both his core support and mine and after a couple hours we finally found out that Verizon was having issues connecting all new watches to the network with no forseen time frame on when it would be fixed. But when it was fixed my watch should and would automatically connect and everything would be independent but until then to have it connected to bluetooth. Thats about a month ago and it still wont connect. I asked my sales rep about 2 weeks ago about it and he said the same thing about it would auto connect when its fixed. Ive tried several ways to try to get it to connect but it keeps saying the samething no matter what I do. Is there something Im missing? I really like my watch but I really would like it to work indepent of my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chrisballard1985, I do apologize for the device not functioning as expected. I want to make sure that you are enjoying your experience with your device. Can you tell me have you ever able to make and receive calls & text messages on the watch? When you do not have the Bluetooth connection in place, are you receiving any error messages or alerts?

Please let me know.

VeronicaM_VZW

0 Likes
chrisballard1985

No, I have not been able to without it being hooked up to my phone with bluetooth. If I try to make phone calls without bluetooth it just says that i can only make emergency calls. If I try to connect my watch to my phone with my galaxy wearable app it keeps saying the verizon network is not supported anymore.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you setup an additional line on your account for the watch to work independently from your phone? TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
Scorpiorc10
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes