Re: Samsung Note 4 keeps saying "unfortunately, contacts has stopped working"  How do I fix this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

memegiggles,

Ok, thanks just checking. This is definitely concerning and we want to restore functionality back you your device. I would recommend placing the device into Safe Mode and then attempting the connections to see if it allows the device to connect successfully. This will let us know if there would be any software issues with the device. Take a look here to see how to place the device into Safe Mode http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-121765/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Note 4 keeps saying "unfortunately, contacts has stopped working"  How do I fix this?
memegiggles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I accidentally reset my whole phone last night whIle trying to delete my cache.. and lost everything.. as I'm trying to reinstall all my apps.. and it still saying unfortunately contacts had stopped working.. still trying to figure out how and if I can get my music and photos back..

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Note 4 keeps saying "unfortunately, contacts has stopped working" How do I fix this?
mama23dogs
Legend

If you backup to Verizon cloud, you can restore your contents.

did you remove the battery?  This seems to be a step that worked for others.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Note 4 keeps saying "unfortunately, contacts has stopped working" How do I fix this?
Sem1Charmed

I am starting to have this exact same problem. It will pop up then when I click 'OK' it will pop up again. I click 'OK' and it will pop up a third time. I haven't seen more than 3 times.

0 Likes
dlg636

Hello, I'm also having this problem. I don't even have to be looking at contacts. It will do it when closing Google chrome, Facebook or even the gallery. Tried doing the rest as per above and it still happens. If it helps, I got my phone in December 2014.

0 Likes
kowalep23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having this problem forever and no one has an answer. I have tried everything support has told me to try but to no avail. Good luck. Unfortunately, I’m tied into this phone for a long time.

Sent from Windows Mail

0 Likes
dkeith0514
Enthusiast - Level 2

Getting several different types of these messages....latest one including contacts is Google play service has stopped working. Wouldn't bother reseting phone waste of time and does not solve the issue. A software update is required....please fix.

0 Likes
kowalep23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am now getting this message for several many different apps. been fighting this for months now. please fix

Sent from Windows Mail

0 Likes
tdomi1234

I understand your pain. I am now about to receive a second replacement for this phone, however it's the same phone. I have only had my phone since Feb of this year. All the technical support person could tell me is that they can replace the phone with the same phone. I remember Verizon used to replace the phone with a comparable phone...but I guess that doesn't exisit anymore. I ended up opening a new line to get a new phone, and when it comes in, I will be disconnecting my line and trading in this worthless phone. Don't understand how they expect people to only use minimal features on such an expensive phone. SERIOUSLY!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kowalep23,

I am sorry to hear that your issues have resurfaced. Were you ever able to successfully place your device in safe mode to see if you still had the same issues? Here is how to place the device in safe mode. http://vz.to/1DBL2a7

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes