Samsung galaxy s4 issue
cpalo2602

I just purchased a Galaxsy s4 upgraded from a S3 i am having an issue when I turn on my WIFI it says connected to the wireless network but my 4G icon doesnt go away it stays active, so I have no real way of knowing if it is using my WIFI or data. I called customer service but they had no information and the rep said her phone the 4g icon went away when connected to WIFI just curious if anyone has had this issue. I might return it today not sure yet.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung galaxy s4 issue
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't have the S4, I have the Droid 4, but I show both the 4G and the wifi icons - if wifi is active the 4G is white, and vice versa.  It's detecting both but using the wifi if available.

Screenshot_2013-05-26-15-23-31.png

0 Likes
FACTagent
Enthusiast - Level 1

I turned off the caller ID app to make the LTE icon go away while on Wi-Fi.  It's one of the trial apps that becomes paid.

capsi77
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is due to the Caller Name ID app that's already installed on your phone. I noticed that when this app is enabled 4G LTE stays on while the device is connected to wifi.

To turn off Caller Name ID:

• Go to settings
  • More
  • Application manager
  • Go to ALL tab
  • Scroll down and find Caller Name ID
  • Remove the checkmark from "Show notifications" and hit "Disable"
  • Hit OK if a warning message comes up

The 4g icon should go away if you are connected to wifi

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your LTE symbol only goes completely away when you shut off the Digital switch in the Data Usage Settings). Like Suzy indicated when i kick on Wi-Fi it will show the 4GLTE in Gray and in Blue will be my Wi-Fi if i switch off  Data it goes away completely..

0 Likes
melbelleup
Enthusiast - Level 2

you can also just turn off data in the notification window when your on wifi, this is what i do as i want nooo data used while I'm at home in the comfort of wifi.

0 Likes
ace11

That's probably just mobile HIPRI mode in the android connectivity manager. As carriers prepare for VoLTE you can expect to see more phones (and carrier apps) have the 4G icon behave this way. It's used to allow certain carrier apps to talk to core carrier services. Don't worry - regular user traffic will use wifi. If you want to be sure, just keep an eye on the arrows below the wifi icon in the status bar. If it is NOT grayed out, your phone is using wifi.

0 Likes