Selling a Razr Maxx - How to clear my phone # from phone?
LeoBloom

I already own a replacement phone and have it activated on my line.

However, I am trying to factory reset my Razr Maxx and everytime the phone reboots, it welcomes me and tells me that my phone number (it lists my actual phone number) has been activated.

How do I prevent my phone number from popping up at all? I don't want the buyer to see this.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Selling a Razr Maxx - How to clear my phone # from phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remove the SIM card and keep it. Don't give the buyer a SIM card with your account information on it. The buyer can get their own SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remove the SIM card and keep it. Don't give the buyer a SIM card with your account information on it. The buyer can get their own SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LeoBloom

What should I do with the SIM card - my replacement phone had one built in when I bought it?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I doubt the replacement had one "built-in". It might have a pre-installed SIM card. The SIM card is different from the SD card.

Destroy the old or keep it in a drawer. If it was the same size as what went in the replacement phone, you could have moved it from the old phone to the new phone to activate it.

0 Likes
LeoBloom

Let me clarify - it was a pre-installed SIM.

I will destroy the old one. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes