Service Issue "Resolved"
EdC75
Enthusiast - Level 1

After a lengthy chat with a rep (which is painful with our slow data), I was assured our problem (incredibly slow data speeds, even when most of the  "unlimited" data has not yet been used), would be thoroughly looked into. The resolution to our issue was texted to me yesterday. My complaint had nothing to do with voice calling (we have no issue with that), but that is all the "resolution" addressed. Not one word about data speed issues. 

I am now actively looking into other carriers. Been with Verizon since the early 90's (WAY before it was Verizon. Sad day, but I feel the customer service is all just smoke and mirrors.

Re: Service Issue "Resolved"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to see you leave, EdC75. I can assure you that we are here to help and want to turn this situation around. I would like to help speed along a resolution as it sounds like the previous attempt to have this corrected addressed something other than the issue at hand. Are you noticing slow speeds on multiple devices? Is there any pattern or time frame you are noticing this specifically? Looking forward to hearing back.

0 Likes
EdC75
Enthusiast - Level 1

1. We are experiencing the slow speeds on all the devices on our plan

2. The main time we experience the slow speeds is in the evenings, roughly from 5 or 6 pm to 10 or 11 pm. I realize this is a high usage time, but with us completely reliant on our hot spots for internet, it is a real hardship. The slowdown also happens at other random times (Saturday mornings, for example).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing us with these details. We would like to take a deeper look into your situation, and review your account with you for ways to improve services. To do so, please leave us a Private Note here, or contact us directly online @VZWSupport on Twitter or Facebook, or over the phone at 1-800-922-0204. - Robert

0 Likes
Terryz1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I feel you.  I'm currently having a data stream issue as well.  I thought it was originally my Personal Hotspot but I now believe it to be a data transfer problem.  My current speed is less than 0.03 Mb/s or barely able to support a phone call.  Of course, I am paying for 4G LTE and hardly make a dent in the 5 gigabytes included in my plan.

Even though I have been offered two months free service for compensation, I will be leaving Verizon on the 31st, at the end of my prepaid period.  There are some excellent plans being offered out there by the other top three company's.

Good luck and stay safe.

0 Likes
Terryz1
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Don't drink the Cool aid".  I-800-922-0204 will route you to the same place as: *611, chat on the Verizon website, and I believe the email link on the previous reply, will send you.  To a representative that is likely going to have you repeat the same things you have already done, maybe refer you to their supervisor, maybe even generate a "ticket".  

How about you ask them politely to, provide the service that you pay them for.  Unless you are a IT type and enjoy doing their job for them.  I my experience, tens of hours over dozens of phone calls, they are likely just wasting your time.  in my opinion, you are probably better off spending your time researching a provider with a little integrity. 

Good luck and stay safe, Terry.

0 Likes