Sony Xperia Z3v: Lollipop 5.1.1 Update Has Messed Up My Phone's SD Card Readability
esc_ctrl

Build number 23.4.B.0.319

Okay, so first things first. I own the Xperia Z3v model number D6708. I was one of those affected by the update where my xperia was unable to send or recieve texts after the update. I was reading online that the only current solution to that problem at the time was to do a factory reset. Something I was [removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] about in the first place, considering how long it took for Verizon to push out the update in the first place. Other carrier's had it out months ago. Frankly, if you are the number one company on the market, then it is befuddling why they are the last horse to cross the 5.1 Lollipop finish line.

I digress. So, ever since I performed the factory reset, I was able to again text, but then another error had become apparent to me. My gallery, as well as my Google Music player no longer display content that is on my sd card. 3rd party file command apps are able to read them fine, and even open the files with my gallery app and Google Music. But they never remain in the recent activity, nor is there a way to browse them within those apps. It's as if the sd card wasn't there, even though 3rd party apps have no trouble seeing it, or accessing the files.

I had figured that maybe something had gone wrong when the phone did the factory reset, so what I did was I removed the sd card and backed up it's content on my laptop, and then reinserted the sd card into the phone. Then I had the phone format the sd card. Afterwards, I copied up my backed up content to the sd card, and it still isn't showing it in either/any app except file command apps. Though the phone detects when it is inserted, and also displays how much is used and free within the settings / storage.

This problem was likely there with the first initial update, but I was too furious over texting being broke to notice. Just wondering if others are having the same issue.

And Verizon, you guys have got to get it together.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sony Xperia Z3v: Lollipop 5.1.1 Update Has Messed Up My Phone's SD Card Readability
Tpatrick_Rooney

My entire SD card became unusable by my phone It can neither see it nor format it to get it back.. I had to order a new one. I cannot believe this essential must have system update has cost me 30 bucks to get a new card. pretty uncool

0 Likes
Re: Sony Xperia Z3v: Lollipop 5.1.1 Update Has Messed Up My Phone's SD Card Readability
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get back on the cool train Tpatrick_Rooney. Software updates should improve your device not make it uncool. When was the update done to your phone? What exactly happens when you try see the content on your SD card, any error messages? Did your new SD card work?

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes