Re: Sony Xperia z3v update ? Msg problems.
Bruar02
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too. This sucks. And it doesn't check for new emails

0 Likes
Bruar02
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't want to lose everything by factory resetting

0 Likes
GBM1968

After updating my x3 will not let me send or receive texts and trying to send emails either. I never had any of these problems before the update

0 Likes
Mkellyart
Enthusiast - Level 2

DO NOT FACTORY RESET.

IT WORKED FOR ONLY ONE HOUR AND AFTERWARDS THEN WENT BACK TO DISAPPEARING. I JUST SPENT 5 DOLLARS TO BACK UP APPS.  DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. VERIZON, COULD YOU GET YOUR DEVELOPERS WORKING ON THIS? I JUST LOST EVERYTHING IN THE HOPES THAT THE UPDATE WOULD BE GONE AND LOLLIPOP WAS STILL INSTALLED WITH THE SAME MESSAGE PROBLEMS INCLUDED. AND YES, I DID IT RIGHT.

0 Likes
Moviemaniac1982
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is very unfortunate. All I can go on is my experience my phone is still working great with no problems after my reset. The only thing i can think of that could still cause that problem would be a app or theme that is not compatible. Now did you create a back up with all your information? like to Verizon Cloud? if so Try to reset again but reload your apps a few at a time. Again I know its a bitch but I would try again.

0 Likes
hshrews
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Moviemaniac1982 @Mkellyart I'm so sorry that I didn't respond sooner, because I found a solution that doesn't involve a factory reset or losing any stored data. Go to Settings > Application Manager, find/select Message+ in the list of 'All' apps, and disable it. You might get a warning that you will lose data, but you won't. I switched off my phone for a few minutes, and when I turned it back on, I re-enabled Message+ and set it as my primary message app again. The messages that I received since the Android update weren't saved to my phone correctly so they didn't show up, but all of my new messages come in as expected and the notifications are working again. If you customized the app at all, you'll have to apply those changes again, but that's small effort compared to a full phone reset.