Stupid alerts
Cookie1971

At least twice a day, I get a stupid alert. It says, "due to recent visits to adult websites, your battery is severely damaged. Download this..." I haven't been on any adult websites. What do I do to stop it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stupid alerts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you installed a questionable application with intrusive ads that push to the notification bar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Stupid alerts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chad, I can understand you frustration when receiving such alerts. They are indeed a form of spam and I will provide you with steps to get them to stop. Some might think that this is a virus and would recommend a factory reset of the phone. This is going to be a last result and not a first.

I recommend clearing your cache and deleting your internet data from the device. I have provided instructions: http://vz.to/1FE77GK

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes