The LG V10 is amazing...as long as a charger and power source are always near :)
free_popcorn
Contributor - Level 1

I do not have a long list of gripes about this device...I feel LG thought of everything and attempted to put it all into one device and am pleased after 3+ weeks of use after coming from the Note 4 and its horrendous take on LP, but even with the lack of 5.1 or 6.0 on the Note 4, the battery life was great! The LG V10, not so much unfortunately. This is my first LG device and what I am experiencing could the be norm offering from LG, but either way, very disappointing. I have yet to exceed 3 hours of screen on time, whether auto brightness is on and aggressive as it is, or off and left at a set percentage. Did some research and only the obvious was suggested, such as turning off GPS, WiFi, stop running apps and of course, turning off auto brightness....which is a drag because there is no middle ground with the screen brightness...its either too dim for outdoors (Phoenix,AZ where is always sunny), or blinds you indoors so you're constantly adjusting the brightness which I feel is just as battery impacting as leaving the auto brightness on in the first place, but even then, its way too aggressive and once a hint of darkness is detected, brightness goes all the way down to zero. The other relative complaint I have is not about the phone, but rather the lack of accessories for this device. A battery case would solve my one issue, but non existent? Sure, the extra battery and cradle are on their way but LG immediately offering these accessories for free actually indicates LG knew this was not a battery friendly device. There is not much news on the V10, only the G4 and seeing similar stories. There just seems to be no way around this screen consuming so much of the battery, unless you sacrifice brightness and do not mind struggling to make out whats on the screen.

Is anyone else having battery life issues? Anyone know of a battery case available for the V10, or if we can expect one soon?

Labels (1)
Re: The LG V10 is amazing...as long as a charger and power source are always near :)
mama23dogs
Legend

NO surprise here.  

LG is in a slump.  I bought my son the Nexus 6P.  Runs for a day with heavy use.

TOo bad, it looked good.

Re: The LG V10 is amazing...as long as a charger and power source are always near :)
Tidbits
Legend

I believe people are using more than they think they do and battery life is affected. Just by having Facebook installed actually lowers battery life for example. My V10 without social media services installed I easily go through the whole day. My Z5 Premium also lasts me the whole day. The thing you have to watch out for is wake locks which kills battery almost as fast as actually using the phones.

free_popcorn
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks Tidbits. I have Instagram installed, so would that be considered a wake lock? I checked the battery usage thru settings and see Instagram uses about 2%, but always running, which is what I think you're saying. Google Services seems to be consuming a lot of battery as well (18%). After a little research, looks like it uses GPS heavily when an app requests your location? The suggested fix was to change the Mode to "Battery Saving", it was previously on High Accuracy so we will see if that helps because I navigate a lot, so will need to keep GPS on.

A couple of days ago I used the device until the battery completely drained, which was almost 14 hours of moderate use...would that be considered a full day? It just happen to be a day that began at 3am and ended about 8pm that night. On the N4, it was usually no problem the phone lasting that period of time, so am not sure if there are additional tweaks needed or if LG is just not as strong in that area. Thanks again for your feedback!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I get 14 hours moderate use(30% left on average), but light uses I can get almost 36 hours(10% left). Anything that checks for updates at a regular intervals can cause wake locks. Try using watchdog or wakelock detector to watch a few days and see what apps are causing wake locks for you.

free_popcorn
Contributor - Level 1

Will do, thank you!

0 Likes
soakedinor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you have email other than gmail loaded onto your phone? Microsoft Exchange eats the battery life away, I am about to pull my hair out with this issue as I have to have email on my phone. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Aren't there settings to reduce how often email refreshes, to conserve data and battery?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

On exchange it's all push I believe, and you can't adjust the frequency.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Glad I don't use it, and I will file that away in case I ever think to change that.....

0 Likes