The camera on my Droid MAXX suddenly won't switch views
aerofare

I noticed yesterday that my camera will not let me switch to the front facing lens. It is in "selfie" mode only. I tried adding a new camera app, but no luck. I've uninstalled the camera updates, cleared the cache, restarted my device; nothing works. Any suggestions?  I really don't want to take it back to the factory settings if I can help it. If I do have to reset the device, what will happen to all my apps (and their data)?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: The camera on my Droid MAXX suddenly won't switch views
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
aerofare

Let’s get that camera focused. Sorry to learn of the front facing camera troubles you are having.  You have done a lot of troubleshooting steps that is appreciated. We don’t want you to factory data reset the phone just let. I would like for you to try to wipe cache partition. This will erase any bad temporary files in the phone http://vz.to/1IZZTue. Wiping the cache partition will not erase any apps or information you have stored on the phone.
If by chance in the future you do have to do the Factory Data reset, your apps are backed up via your Google account that is set up on the phone. It is designed to back up the game and content provided you set up the same Gmail account on the phone. The data that is within the app should be restored as well provided if you sign into the app with the same user name and password that was created.

Please let us know how the wipe cache partition went.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
aerofare

Thank you for the suggestion. I followed all the steps but, unfortunately, that didn't fix the camera issue.  Anything else I can try?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
aerofare

Oh my, I am sorry to learn that those steps did not work. The next step in troubleshooting would be to complete a master reset.  Have you been able to complete the backup that I made mention of?  Here are the steps to complete the reset after you do the backup http://vz.to/1NbxPoz

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sacilk

I am having the same problem. My camera will only work in selfie mode starting yesterday. No new apps installed. Doesn't work in safe mode or after factory reset. Is there a known solution for this problem? It's seems to be very common and a manufacturer's defect. My phone is a few months over a year old and I don't want to have to buy a new one already. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Camera issues would have me just as concerned too, sacilk. You've taken many great steps already as well. If needed, I recommend taking it in to your nearest store for a hands on evaluation, or contacting 1-800-922-0204 for further review. If you are still under an extended warranty, you may still have that option.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RICMOO16

I am having the same issue.  My Droid Maxx camera won't face front.  I've done all the steps I've seen in here and finally did the factory reset and still nothing.

0 Likes