The wait for lollipop is getting ridicules.
ClayKirby
Enthusiast - Level 3

I pay more money to access your network and buy the most expensive devices but everyone else get's their android updates faster and there service is cheaper. 

My current Verizon devices are: 

Droid Turbo, Nexus 7 and Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet. 

None have been updated to lollipop.  What's the real reason Verizon?  Not interested in a canned response.

Labels (1)
Re: The wait for lollipop is getting ridicules.
Klue
Master - Level 1

With all the problems lollipop is causing for the S5, LG, and other phones, why would you want to put this flawed update on your perfectly operating devices.

D1fz
Contributor - Level 1

We (Turbo owner here) want the update. Some people don't mind waiting, but some of us do! I know a lot of the update issues are resolved by resetting phones, but some people are stubborn and refuse to do a phone reset. I know someone at work who has called Verizon more than once and lied about doing a phone reset asking for help after the update.

I want the update, and will do a phone reset after and am sure it will be fine. I'll do a phone reset now, then, and later. I don't care. No big deal. What is a big deal is having a flagship phone still waiting for an update months later.

realtor617

You don't want it. Causing problems which Verizon won't fix.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Everyone has problems with the update. Google themselves says there's a problem with lollipop. 5.1 will fix a lot of the issues. The droid Turbo update waa delay specifically for 5.1... From Motorola's own mouth.  Carriers don't code updates...

ClayKirby
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Galaxy S4 from AT&T my company provides me for work use has Lollipop and i have had no issues so far.

0 Likes
ClayKirby
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have also read that Motorola is waiting on 5.1 for the turbo and i totally understand that.  What i truly can't understand is that google provided the source to Verizon for the nexus 7 back before the end of last year for 5.0 and now they've provided 5.1 to Verizon for the nexus 7 but Verizon still hasn't pushed either to my device.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You have issues. You've been lucky to not notice them. There's a fundamental problem with the memory management which you've been lucky to get low consumption apps to hang over the larger ones. Google corrected this in 5.1. Soon enough you'll be crying about how terrible your battery is and why your phone is running hot soon enough unless you restart your phone every night.

Tidbits
Legend

Just go and download it and install it yourself. The option has been there not to wait for it.

ClayKirby
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tidbits I've been using android since day one and i'm also and IT professional I think i'd know if i'm having issues.  Absolutely no battery or memory issues on my S4.  And  typically the option to download from the google source you have to flash your device and will loose all your setting and files.

0 Likes