Unwanted Ads/Spam
EricGo135
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I delete wanted ads/Spam?

Labels (1)
Re: Unwanted Ads/Spam
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Generally, ad's come with free apps downloaded. Paying a premium for the app might remove some ads.  Where are you seeing Spam, emails?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

chrome browser + adblock plus eliminates just about all ads/pop-ups for me.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

bearone21 wrote:

chrome browser + adblock plus eliminates just about all ads/pop-ups for me.

Can you explain how this works? Is the adblock an add on to the Chrome browser or a separate browser? Is it a free application or a premium application? When I do an application search, many of the results are replacement browsers or they are developed in countries that I don't free comfortable allowing that much tracking of my usage or other information to.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it's an extension to chrome, whether pc or cell phone & works great with all devices..

freebie from the playstore:

Adblock Plus for Samsung Internet - Browse safe. - Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Verizon Wireless offers different options to stop ads and unwanted calls. Please check the following link, and let us know if you have additional questions:

http://spr.ly/6588DLHN2

Maria_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you forgot to mention you only get to block 5 numbers.

i've gotten messages in dnd window that have come from an email address (explained by cs) & email address isn't visible.

the problem i've found is when i've blocked a number on the phone, they can still leave a vm, which i have to take the time to delete.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bearone21, let me help expand on the call blocking options/services we've got. With our free blocking, you can block five numbers in 90-days increments, refreshing the block each 90-days. There's also our Smart Family option, which can block up to 20 numbers permanently. For more details about Smart Family, I'm going to link the FAQ page: http://spr.ly/6584DL5un

There's also our new Caller Name ID app/feature, which can help filter and identify Spam/Fraud callers: http://spr.ly/6585DL5uX

You do also have the option to block callers through your device. Depending on the device, you may have voicemails routed to a blocked caller section (on an iPhone).

I hope you find these extra options and their information beneficial.

John_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

bearone21
Legend

thanks but i don't want to pay for more than 5.

fwiw:

most numbers that i get that aren't in contacts, still show the number, which i call on the land line....yes, i know it's strange, someone with a landline.

KEKS203
Enthusiast - Level 1

and Verizon will be happy to charge you an additional fee for this service.  The increase in Spam calls over the last month has been ridiculous.  Just today I received 5 spam calls from 5 different numbers.  So limiting the ability to block calls to 5 numbers is ridiculous. Even 20 is unacceptable when I get 5 different numbers a day.   I should be able to block as many as I need to and this should be part of the standard cost.  My phone is a work phone so people call me that aren't in my contact list.  Once you answer, they know there is a person there so guess what....they just keep calling.  In the least, they could always add the no-more Robo feature (which should not be an additional charge).