Update 6.0 VS98546A LG G3
Ianova
Enthusiast - Level 2

Patch notes didn't even mention EasyHome.
Every time I clicked the home button I kept getting this popup that made no sense at all. Basically it wanted me to choose Home or EasyHome. Eventually tried the EasyHome and all my personal customizations were GONE and couldn't be recreated.
Finally had to go online to figure out what was happening and learned there's now a Beginner's mode and where to find the option to go back. I see now the pop-up was telling me how to revert back but like i said it wasn't presenting itself in a understandable way (to me).
Seems like this was the biggest part of the update and it's something that current (and long term) owners have no use for?

What else did you find? List your observations here!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Update 6.0 VS98546A LG G3
Ianova
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also noticed that when I double-tap the screen to lock it,

the effect is gone. I don't remember what exactly the old effect was called but it resembles how a (old) TV screen would turn off.
Now the screen simply fades. I can't seem to locate the option to toggle the 'screen off' effects.

Was this totally removed?

0 Likes
thorgrim

same here, I think they got rid of that function, as I cant find it in the settings anymore. For changing the screen off animation, as well as the swipe function id now only the soda one, no option to change that either.

The other issue I saw was that the stock weather/clock widget, you used to be able to click on the time to launch the clock widget for alarms or stopwatch, that no longer works either.

0 Likes
Ianova
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to locate the swipe effect to unlock at setting>display>lock screen

0 Likes
Ianova
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just discovered there a sound effect when you remove an icon/app from your screen. Never had that before and I can't find where to disable this!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

EasyHome has been part of LG since the G2.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It's called RetroTV and it is in the Lockscreen settings.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Also on LG since at least the G2.

0 Likes
thorgrim

Yes know what it is called and where it used to be.  After the marshmallow update it doesn't exist any longer that I can see.

0 Likes
Ianova
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for attempting to be helpful.

I assure you EasyHome was never a part of my phone which I purchased I the day of launch.

And I doubly assure you there is no longer such a setting in lock screen settings or anywhere else.

0 Likes