Upgrading from S4 to S7
PuddinPop

Hello, I currently have and S4 that is active, however want to upgrade to an S7.  Will my sim card work in the S7.  If not what do I need to do to get the phone activated?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrading from S4 to S7
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The S4 uses a different SIM card size. You will need to get a new SIM card from a corporate store or activate the one that comes with the S7.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The S4 uses a different SIM card size. You will need to get a new SIM card from a corporate store or activate the one that comes with the S7.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PuddinPop,

That's an exciting phone and I hope you love it. Ann154 is correct that these phones use different SIM cards but any upgrade should come with a SIM card for the new phone which can be activated following step 1 at http://vz.to/1Il60bR . If needed you can also get one free of charge at any corporate store. http://vz.to/1Il9zyO

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PuddinPop

Thanks for the information....  so if I don't have an S7 I'll need to get a new sim card.  Free of charge?  Is there an activation fee for the new card even though I have the existing active S4?

Will all my apps and setting need to be reloaded?  Or can those be restored?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you purchase the S7 from Verizon Wireless or any third party retailer of Verizon Wireless phones, you will be charged an upgrade fee.

Yes you will need to reinstall and restore your applications and settings on the new phone, but you should be able to use the Samsung smart switch application to easily transfer your stuff to the new phone. I would suggest doing that at home where you can take your time verify everything was transferred.

0 Likes