Verizon Sucks!!!
javierrflores
Enthusiast - Level 1

switch no before its too late!!!

Labels (1)
37 Replies
smartphoneguru
Contributor - Level 1

The coverage is good, prices suck, customer service sometimes knows less than the user, and they are money hungry thats for sure. I hate most everything about them myself, but hey, NOBODY has the coverage as of now. In VA that is!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Because they are money hungry... They more money they the more they can do. Sometimes you have to go against the grain to gain...

Wildman
Legend

That is so true Tidbits...  Besides in this world you get nothing for free, no matter what you think..   It cost to live, then it cost to die and guess what you have to pay also in the all between , isnt the world lovely???

Tidbits
Legend

People don't ever consider future costs of a company. They only see how much right now... Verizon has Spent 19B a year on their network since 2003 to develop, market, and deploy their 4G network. Now look at the other carriers. They just started rolling out LTE and their 4G networks are just 3G firmware upgrades(aside from Sprint, but their Wimax is partly owned by Clear, and their LTE network is partly owned by Lightsquared). AT&T tried to buy T-Mobile to play catch up, and it failed. Now they are deploying LTE at a slower pace as they don't have the funding to do so. They were pulling a $20B loan just to try and acquire T-Mobile...

smartphoneguru
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah I remember the whole AT&T deal, the been on the hunt for a long time,, suncom, cingular, and so on until it was just them, now they cant catch up. and they still do not have good coverage around my area. Verizon does have a good coverage area regardless of 3G or not. I have service just about everywhere I go, even the country areas. One time the actual VZW store area did not have coverage! It was something to do with the airport and it was fixed promptly.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Cingular actually purchased AT&T Mobility then renamed themselves AT&T.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Here in Hawaii there was a bidding war for GTE(they had County funding to deploy their network in Hawaii) Verizon won and Verizon has the best coverage in Hawaii and it was honestly due to the purchase. I was a GTE customer since it's inception to now(which is now Verizon). On a funny note... My mother was still using a Nokia 5160 with an old GTE plan (60 minutes, first incoming minute free) until 2 years ago when I bought her a phone and moved her into our family plan.

0 Likes
smartphoneguru
Contributor - Level 1

i used to love that phone, I had the 5160i i think, I thought about putting one in service for my son

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I believe those can't be activated anymore. The GSM versions can by swapping simcards as long as you use the regular instead of the micros

0 Likes
smartphoneguru
Contributor - Level 1

True True, just like GAS prices. Venezuela is .09 a gallon. Gas is cheaper than milk!

0 Likes
smartphoneguru
Contributor - Level 1

A whole TANK FULL!!

0 Likes
jscrawley
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've actually had very good experineces with VZW. I've been with Tmobile and ATT in the past and their coverage is awful compared to verizon. The phones are always good and coverage is great. No company is perfect, I gurantee sprint, tmobile and ATT all ahve issues, just like verizon does. I'm not sure if you are just trying to start a hate post, or if you are just bored and have nothing else better to do, but trust me all companies have their problems.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

OK, my Verizon Story.  Back in 2005 I went from an employee to self-employed and used my cell as my work phone.  I had no idea how many mintues I would need so upgraded to the next package up.  That was good for two months.  The third month I got a 400+ bill in the mail for overages.  I called Verizon, explained the situation and was immedialty upgraded to the appropriate plan and my bill was changed to that price.  The took off hundreds of dollars.  The story does not end there.  This package too was great for two months.  The third month, you guess it, 400+ dollar phone bill and Verizon did the exact same thing for me again. 

One time I was traveling and did not realize that turning on my phone for like 5 minutes a day could incure lots of data charges.  When I returned home I received a 500 dollar bill.  Verizon redid the bill as if I had purchased the extra data for out of the country travel and again reduced by bill.

I purchased the Galaxy Nexus in December on the day it dropped.  Been nothing but trouble with calls since the day I got it.  Went through two phones, two sim cards and some suggested fixes that all failed.  This took some time and suddenly I was out of the 30 day window that was offered with this phone.  I called Verizon last night to let them know that I was still having problmes with the phone and they offered me free of charge a different phone.  I will have it tomorrow with free shipping, free 32 SD card to make up for covers that I had purchased and free return label for the Nexus. 

I have more stories, but for now I think this is enough.  Verizon has been great to me for years and I will never switch to anyone else.

0 Likes
fact_is___
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have always known that verizon was a rip off. if it wasn't because verizon was one of the only companies that own towers in the area i currently live, i wouldn't have changed from t-mobile. there plans are outrages for this economy & the service sucks. i have only been with them for 3 months & have been to there store 6 times due to i never have internet connect -which is the reason i changed company because i needed my gps-  I kid you not i restart my phone at least 3 times a day. i decided to try changing phones but the CS told me i would have to purchase another phone. i spent 1200 in one day to activate & buy new phones & this lady is seriously telling me she can not help me with my useless phone, that i will have to buy another useless phone. OH & on top of that i will have to pay $350 to break my contract for each phone.... WTF Like Seriously?!?!?!?

pastorcharlie72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Run, run as fast as you can when you can from this comapny. People have to learn they DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!!!!

Wildman
Legend

pastorcharlie72 wrote:

Run, run as fast as you can when you can from this comapny. People have to learn they DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!!!!

By the post that you have been making in several threads, you must live under a bridge dont you?   Troll in the house.. 

0 Likes
pastorcharlie72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Drink all the kool-aid you want, this company is by far the worst in customer service I have ever seen.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Personally, I've never had an issue with their customer service.  As long as you understand that they have certain rules (that sometimes they will even work with you on) and you read the fine print (which you should have done before you signed your contract) you'll see that they aren't any worse than any other carrier.  As you haven't even given any reasons for why you made your statement, I'm going to go ahead and just dismiss it.

pastorcharlie72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Gold

I'm going to go ahead and just dismiss it.

Really? Well then it makes it all good if you've made that decision then, thank you.

3 phones in less then 2 months all go bad, they charge me to over night another one and it too is bad when I turn it on. The company store will not do anything because they have no loaner phones. While in the store I talk to CS for 30 minutes a supervisor gets on the line and says 'good news' we found an a loaner phone in the store your at. NOT once did the store manager come over to ask me what he could do to help, he was asked by another employee but he was too busy playing on his ipad. I take the loaner phone and 3 days later my 'new' phone comes with no battery, which I was PROMISED would be with it. Back on the phone and a promise of getting it to me right away. This is a Thursday night, I tell them once again I have to wait till Monday, No I am told we will ship it to you so you have it by Sat. I was told there is no Sat delivery. NOT TRUE says the CSR. So Sat the phone comes...no its a battery for the LOANER phone!

Here is the ONLY good part to this story. A CSR named Sam from the TN center calls me to tell me of the mistake. Bottom line its two weeks later and I now get the phone I was suppose to get.

I have been lied to from the store, CSR's and feel the company really doesn't care if they do right by the customer. Dismiss this all you want. I will continue to share my story and advise people to stay away from this company and the DAY my contract is up I will move on.

I understand that mistakes happen, people are people, but to not stand by your word is another thing all together.

I will say this, if this man named Sam from TN ran the company it would be far better off, he seemed to really care and wanted to make it right. Wish I had dealt with him right away.

So go ahead and dismiss my story if you want, but what happened to me by a multi-million dollar company was something out of a bad movie and it has soured me on a company I've been with for a number of years.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Sounds to me like they did a mighty fine job of correcting their mistakes.  Except for the CS rep telling you that they didn't have loaner phones (didn't think Verizon even did that, that's why I always make sure I have an old phone as a backup), it sounds like mix-ups that were quickly rectified.  If you feel you need to leave over this, fine, good luck finding a carrier that doesn't make mistakes and, IMO, none of their in-store employees have a clue what they are talking about.

0 Likes