Verizon cloud can't see the contacts on my new Motorola One 5G UW phone
Robert6542
Enthusiast - Level 1

Transferred contacts and messages from a VERY old Motorola (Android v 4) via Wondershare mobile transfer.

The messages are backed up in the cloud, but the cloud says there are no accessible messages on the new phone.  However, when I tap the View Messages button in the same screen, I can see them.  Can also see them on tapping the Contacts icon.

I have tried to upload the contacts file from the source phone to the cloud directly, but it's too old.  Also tried to upload contacts from the source phone to google drive, but no go there either.

If this were a computer I would guess that the contacts file is in the wrong location, and I would point the cloud to where it is.

But how can I fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon cloud can't see the contacts on my new Motorola One 5G UW phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new Motorola One 5G UW, Robert6542! It's important to be able to see your contacts & we're here to help. Just to clarify, which model Motorola were you using previously? Was that phone previously backed up to VZ Cloud before the transfer? When you log into My Verizon here: http://spr.ly/6607JtpxN are you able to view your contacts? -Kia

0 Likes
Re: Verizon cloud can't see the contacts on my new Motorola One 5G UW phone
Robert6542
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe the source phone was a Droid MAXX, and contacts were backed up to Backup Assistant.  Original messages are not in Messages+ format.  That's why I had to use Wondershare to transfer messages and contacts.

When I go into My Verizon I can't see the contacts.  It may be because I'm in My Verizon on a desktop, not my phone.

0 Likes