Visual voicemail problem
Ell_em_bee

When I receice a voicemail, I get a notification, but when I open the app to view/listen, I get the following message: "Unable to update. Please try again later." The voicemail(s) only appear after I power the phone off and on. I end up doing this several times a day.

The app worked fine when I bought my phone; and I haven't changed a thing or installed any apps.

I've spoken to Support by phone - they told me about powering the phone off and on, otherwise were no help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Visual voicemail problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Ell_em_bee! Let's keep you connected and not missing any important calls or messages. When did this trouble begin for you? What is the impacted zip code? Are you having any issues making/receiving phone calls, text messages or connecting to data/internet services? Any changes indoors verse outdoors? Please share details. Thanks in advance.

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

tiliston2008

I have the same problem. It began when Verizon decided to "give" me a free temporary upgrade to visual voicemail. As soon as I saw what was going on, I called and had visual voicemail removed and supposedly my original voicemail app reinstalled. When the "Unable to update. Try again later." message appears the fixes I have found are go through *86 and sign in to voicemail with your password, listen to the robot give you complete call time and phone number and other unwanted information and then listen to voicemail. Other option that usually works is to power down and then restart. This is not acceptable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with your visual voice mail application tillston2008. I know its frustrating to go through so much to retrieve your voice mail. What phone do you have? Have you spoken with our customer service team to review settings in our system?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tiliston2008

I have an LG G3. I did talk with a verizon rep to get rid of the "free

upgrade" to visual voicemail and return to as bought.

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes