WIFI SIGNAL LOSS AND THE WAY VERIZON HANDLES THE PROBLEM
BRUENG16
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the last month or more I have been on the phone with Verizon about one of our cell phones no longer being able to connect to the Wifi (at home nor at work).

Each time I call I am asked to do a factory reset.  I am told that they must ask that I do this regardless of the fact that I have done this at least 5 times; just based on the number of refurbished phones I have received from them.  They can see this in the notes!!!!!  Next I am told that they will be sending me out another phone...they have all done the same thing; no longer connect to wifie!!!!!!!!!

I have been told that I do not know how to reinstall my apps after a factory reset and that I must call in and let a tech person handle this... something that even the new tech person does not understand, but let's do another factor reset... they all have this down.

I have done factory resets and I have started the phone in SAFE Mode, my idea and my research lead me to that option, and it would not connect then.

I have tried not adding any apps back on the phone; same problem.

And I have also tried slowly adding back the same apps I have used for months now... still no change.

Today was my last time trying for I was again asked to remove all apps from phone and see if that works..

I want to know what is the use of notes?  No one wants to read them.

Second tier support or whoever I talked to today feels that it is a problem on my en, but after coming on the community I believe it to be a Verizon problem because it is not just my phone with the problem but many other phones that are not Note 5s.

No one seems to care.

Labels (1)
Re: WIFI SIGNAL LOSS AND THE WAY VERIZON HANDLES THE PROBLEM
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

When you go into the wifi settings on your phone does your home wifi show up in there?

If you tap the 3 dots on the right hand side does it say under keep wifi on during sleep

always on? While you are on the advance page if you tap manage networks does your

network show up in there? If nothing is showing up under wifi go to the backup and reset.

Go down to reset network settings. This will clear out everything passwords and any wifi

history the phone had. It will not reset all the other settings that your phone has.

Does your phone have the latest update?

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

wi-fi has nothing to do with Verizon. If your hone has an issue with it's wi-fi radios that's an issue that the phone manufacturer needs to deal with. CS reps are not phone techs. they are probably told a few basic things to say when people call in with issues.You need to contact the company that made your phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brueng16, having full WiFi capabilities is so critical for any phone. This has gone on for far too long and we want it resolved ASAP. We have sent you a private message to go over this in more detail. Thank you for your patience.
SeanC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes