Warranty Issue
SaltyMike

My device was activated 11-28-15 and stopped charging on 11-26-16.  This is verified by the fact that no data has been transmitted by the device since that time.  I was not able to get in to a location until recently at which time I was told the device was no under warranty because I had not brought it in before 11-28-16.  Why is Verizon refusing to replace my system when it is so blatantly a problem with your system that went down on it's own.  Is the system designed to go out at one year?  And then customer-no-service tells me they will charge me $100 to replace the device.  That's mighty big of them considering it is Verizon's equipment that went down without any external cause, within the contract life of the product.  Now I'm stuck paying $10 a month until 11-28-17. 

So the question is:  Why wouldn't Verizon make this $100 problem "right" for a customer who pays thousands each year for service?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Warranty Issue
Weth
Legend

The system is not designed to break at a year, you just got very unlucky. However, one could say you were lucky in that it actually broke before just before your 1 year warranty expired, but alas you could not get to a Verizon store until after your 1 year is up. I'd say that makes it your decision.

You are wanting someone to tell you a year is not a year, but actually means a year and 37 days. Come on, you know better. You should be kicking yourself for not bringing it in when you could before the one year was up.

Now the question to you is, is it worth paying $10 a month for a year for something that has zero use, or is it better to pay $18 per month for the next year for something that is useful?

0 Likes
SaltyMike

Wow, I guess you're right.  It doesn't matter when it happened, just when it's reported.

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
SaltyMike

By the way, the first time I reported this was in early December when I went to a Verizon store and they told me that I was out of luck. It was the Verizon store at the Jacksonville St Johns Town Center perhaps they have a record of it.

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Wow, I guess you're right. It doesn't matter when it happened, just when it's reported.

Unfortunately true.

0 Likes