What charges are associated with a Smart Phone?
SIMSHA79

What charges are associated with Smart Phone and what plan is best to cover Smart Phone? I want to purchased unlocked phone & get it activated by Verizon but I do not want any "surprise" charges, so I need to be educated on all charges associated with Smart Phone, please?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What charges are associated with Smart Phone
rcschnoor
Legend

SIMSHA79 wrote:

What charges are associated with Smart Phone and what plan is best to cover Smart Phone? I want to purchased unlocked phone & get it activated by Verizon but I do not want any "surprise" charges, so I need to be educated on all charges associated with Smart Phone, please?

On the Verizon Plan, you will have a $20/month line access fee. On top of that you will have a monthly charge for the amount of data you choose to purchase. You can see the prices for the available data tiers at the following link.

Verizon Cell Phone Plans | Verizon Wireless

You can check to see if the phone you want to purchase unlocked would be compatible with the Verizon network at the following link.

Bring Your Own Phone or Device - BYOD | Verizon Wireless

There will be an initial activation charge for this new line on Verizon. It is either $20 or $40, not sure which as I have not activated a new line on Verizon for quite some time.

Monthly taxes/fees would run you somewhere between $5-$10/month.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Aside from the usual taxes, there is the monthly fee for the plan you choose, line access charge and charges associated with any optional services.

Which plan is best for you will depend upon your requirements...amount of mobile data needed per month is one key factor as is the number of devices that will be sharing that data allotment.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What phone model do you have now? You should also check to verify if the unlocked phone is compatible with the Verizon Wireless network. How much data do you think you will use per month?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

SIMSHA79 wrote:

On the Verizon Plan, you will have a $20/month line access fee. On top of that you will have a monthly charge for the amount of data you choose to purchase. You can see the prices for the available data tiers at the following link.

Verizon Cell Phone Plans | Verizon Wireless

You can check to see if the phone you want to purchase unlocked would be compatible with the Verizon network at the following link.

Bring Your Own Phone or Device - BYOD | Verizon Wireless

There will be an initial activation charge for this new line on Verizon. It is either $20 or $40, not sure which as I have not activated a new line on Verizon for quite some time.

Monthly taxes/fees would run you somewhere between $5-$10/month.

0 Likes